Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: taping and jointing / filling

Default taping and jointing / filling

I'm looking to get my living room walls taped and jointed / filled after a complete renovation. If it were any other room other than the living room, i would have tried it myself but the work needs to be perfect.

Who should i use to do this?

Scott Davidson for Lochend - absolutely fantastic - complete perfectionist!

Angry

NOT Mr Mackenzie from Wick!!...All of mine is falling off after he did it!
    Gonna have to get someone in to fix it and I've got a lot of rooms - it's gonna be expensive!!!.......

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    Scott Davidson for Lochend - absolutely fantastic - complete perfectionist!
    Do you have a contact number for him.?

So far i have been given details for Macdougall and Webster.. will get a quote on friday from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    NOT Mr Mackenzie from Wick!!...All of mine is falling off after he did it!
    Gonna have to get someone in to fix it and I've got a lot of rooms - it's gonna be expensive!!!.......
    Thats not good.. Is this a self employed individual or does he work for a painting / decorating firm.?

How do payment for these services work as i am not really willing to pay in full as soon as the work is complete. I'm happy to pay i.e half but imperfections dont show until the final finish coats have been applied.

I dont think this is unreasonable... is it?

I've sent emails to nearly everyone on the Business index which list Taping and filling... most emails have come back with "failure to deliver"...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by willfal View Post
    Do you have a contact number for him.?
    Yes, Scott Davidson - 07922133644

Quote Originally Posted by willfal View Post
    Thats not good.. Is this a self employed individual or does he work for a painting / decorating firm.?
    He is self employed but he was contracted to work on my house by a building firm.....He only managed to put one coat of paint on the walls as well!!!

Default painters

try mcallan and co painters they are first class and always leave a great job

Default Painter

HIGHLY recommend Alan Anderson from wick. he did an amazing job of our new build !
    If you get the chance....DANCE!!!