Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Waxwings in Thurso

Default Waxwings in Thurso

Hello all,

I too have seen Waxwings outside my home in Thurso. Follow this link for some photos http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20-%20Thurso/

I have to say that compared to the picture in another thread that my photos are very poor, but hope they will be of interest. I've had to resize them to upload them so they aren't of the best quality.

I'll definitely try the tip of putting out fruit for them though!

I have to admit that I can't tell you whether I have ever seen them before, or whether I've never noticed before. It makes you wonder what else hasn't been seen before. Open your eyes and take a look around!

Steven

Saw a Wax Wing in the garden for the first time today too ! We are in Roster near Lybster. Only saw the one though -will keep looking out for them now and as you suggest will put out some fruit when feeding the birds tomorrow !

I enjoyed looking at your photos Steven. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I haven't been lucky enough to see Waxwings but,like Dousslesh, will try putting fruit out when I feed the birds to see whether I can entice them.

If only my flipping Cotoneaster would flower and produce berries that might attract them!