Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Waxwings in garden

Oh why aren't they coming to my garden?!!!

I so want to see them before they move on.

2 Waxwings at Brough this morning. Lots at Castlehill.

Cool waxwings in garden

some great pics of the wax wings cant say ive seen any in my garden yet (heres hoping)loads of other birds in my garden my fav beeing the goldfinch suprise suprise,thanks to my friend karen after her advice about niger seed i now have up to fifty goldinches at a time in my garden from an original 2.

saw 4 waxwings down our track in Lyth today, my first ever sighting!

After years of waiting 15-20 finally dropped into my garden. I wasnt at home but the family got photos for me. I had stuck apples and pears out to try and attract them, and it worked. Now I have to hope they pop in on Saturday when I will be here to see them.
    Away with the birds

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    After years of waiting 15-20 finally dropped into my garden. I wasnt at home but the family got photos for me. I had stuck apples and pears out to try and attract them, and it worked. Now I have to hope they pop in on Saturday when I will be here to see them.
    Oh that's great! What a shame you missed them though.

I am going to put apples out tomorrow so hope these will attract them.

Default waxwings

we had 2 waxwing in the garden this morning , they were on the bird table, beautiful birds.

The Atomics Thurso

Great to know there are still some about. I had them 12 days running in my garden, with 45 one day. I have not had any to my knowledge since Sunday though. Apples were the secret.

Away with the birds

Default waxwings in castletown

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf1961 View Post
    Just seen about 30 of these in my garden, they were flying between a tree and bushes (guess they were feeding) and they then sat in the tree for ages, Wasn't sure what they were so had a look on here at photos and also on the RSPB finder & definately them, listened to them for a while, lovely birds, shame I couldn't get photos as its dusk
    have seen 5or6 waxwings today just up in the trees from the heritage centre

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    Great to know there are still some about. I had them 12 days running in my garden, with 45 one day. I have not had any to my knowledge since Sunday though. Apples were the secret.

Oh lucky you but glad you got to see them. I put apples out in a nut feeder but no sign of Waxwings.

Brilliant photo by the way Kas!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234