Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wick's First Music Festival - Where Is the Publicity

I thought it was really good and hope its happening again next year.. Saw about the first half and its true about the sound it was a bit of a shame sometimes some bands suffered more than others and I felt kind of sorry for them but all in all it was great! Good turnout too!

Oh yeah and I especially thought the band with the Saxophones were the highlight for me.. That lady can fairly belt out a tune

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    The sound was abysmal Isaac. I think the sound people were pushed with what limited resources they had.

No bass rig was supplied either... not a good start.

It was fun playing, but all in all, from what I saw anyway, it could have been a lot better.
    Yes i heard that there was no bass rig there. so erm..... whos bass amp was used? I hope the generous person was asked first before they borrowed his amp.

They DI'd the bass. We used yours, took it away.

Still, it would have been nice to be asked first

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    Still, it would have been nice to be asked first
    I wasn't aware of that, sincere apologies - we instructed everyone to DI as our bass rig didn't turn up. Though having said that, DI into the PA which had two 18" bins attached shouldn't have been a problem for anybody.

If there was any damage just PM me and we'll get it sorted for you, sorry again, they really shouldn't have done that.

What are you talking about? We have Moncur's bass amp on loan from him. Nothing to do with you guys at all! It's between Moncur and our singer.

Jeid(oops, signed in at someone else's computer)

Talking wick music festival

a group of my friends were up on holiday from Bristol and we all decided to attend above event and we have to say how impressed we were by White Noize who despite some drunk muppets in the crowd trying to put them off played an excellent set. We have enjoyed the music of this band for some time now and feel they have great potential especially given they are only 15 and 16. I hope they continue to expand their range further -would like some softer stuff as the vocalist has ace voice and all the guys are talented musicians.

why no photos on this site or local press -shouldnt you cover this and support local talent ?
    mo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123