Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: christmas fare; turkey

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default christmas fare; turkey

i know alot off people enjoy a beef rib or gammon joint on christmas day but i am quite stuck on turkey, christmas isnt christmas without a turkey breast wrapped in a lattice of streaky bacon with a inch of good stuffing below that.

whilst living in england for a few years i bought delicious free range bronze turkeys oven ready from a local farm shop, they were not cheap at £12p/kg but i think for the flavour and texture they were worth every penny.

however, despite trying all the butchers in the area and demanding their finest fowl i have become very disheartened, event those who claimed to get in "the best" sold me nothing more than mass grown whites!

i hear friends complain that turkey is "dry and tastless, takes to long to cook" and i can understand why with whats on offer.

does anyone have the same problem? i dont want the butchers £6p/kg rubbish, i would gladly pay £12p/kg for that luxury bird, wouldnt you?
    Last edited by jarra124; 19-Oct-10 at 20:10.