Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.E Shoe Shop

Angry D.E Shoe Shop

went into shop today, i had ordered a pair of boots but was now unsure if i liked them, the sales assistant got them from back shoe, said it was ok if i didnt want them as i could get a refund on the deposit, which i thought was good, but that was the only possitive thing about my visit!!! i tried the boots on, and they were tight across my ankle, i asked if they thought they would stretch a bit to be told " dont think so, its up to yourself if you take them". there was no conversation with the staff as they were too buy talking between themself about christmas, what has happened to this shop -- i always usually go there for my foot wear but not anymore, if i have ever felt unwelcome in a shop - it was today!!!! so guess what -- the boots went back on the shelf!!!!
    jac

i think its awful too! well depending who is working.
    i went in with a friend one day who was here on holidays and she picked a shoe up from the window display as she couldnt see it in the shop and a member of staff grabbed it out of her hand and told her not to take a shoe out of the window!
    she never directed us to where it was in the shop, big missed sale there as my friend really liked the shoe,it was the reason we had gone in!

Default D.E> Shop

I was in this shop last Friday, I often buy my footwear in here and have never had a problem with the staff, sometimes I just like to have a look around and I don't always buy something. When I went in on Friday it was only for a look, the shop assistant was so nice and friendly and I enjoyed a nice relaxing look around, I find the staff in their Thurso branch really nice as well. Anyway I did end up buying a lovely pair of shoe boots, and I will continue to shop there in the future.

I always find the staff in the Thurso branch to be spot on! Friendly, polite and helpfull, what more could you ask for?

I always find DE shoe shop in Wick very helpful, infact they have even recommended other local shops if they didnt have what I was looking for, which I thought was very commendable in the present economic climate. And far from it being turning away custom, I believe it encouraged me to go back there again as thats the sort of service that insures smaller shops survive against the big supermarkets and retail parks.
    Last edited by Droopy; 13-Oct-10 at 08:15.

Always found DE girls to be spot on on. I don't know exactly what the opening poster was expecting them to do. Decide if you liked them for you?
    It's a pair of shoes you are buying not a new yacht.
    If you like em buy em. If you don't here's your money back. Seems fair to me.

Both my kids have been raised wearing shoes, carefully fitted by the staff in D.E. Thurso.

My little boy was VERY reluctant to try on shoes and have his feet measured. He didn't like being in the shop at first, and would get extremely upset.

The staff there made a HUGE effort to make him feel welcome. It took a vew visits, but he is now happy to go there.

There is never any pressure to buy, and there is always someone happy to help.

It the shop is busy, I either come back later, or wait my turn like everybody else.

I only ever buy shoes in Thurso DE or their Broughty Ferry branch when visiting friends in Arbroath. In the past the girls have phoned round other branches to find the size of shoe I wanted and have had them sent to Thurso for trial and collection.

Even when I lived in Inverness (which has two DE branches) I still waited until I was home to shop in the Thurso branch.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Was it the manager that served you or a sales assistant? Im sure that if it was a sales assistant then the manager would be happy to help if you have a complaint.

My mum is the manager of the Thurso branch, my sister works there just now too and i worked there for a good few years too. Not forgetting my granny was manager for many many years. Its nice to see people have had positive experiences in Thurso. Would mean alot to my mum.

Also just to say, if the boot was leather it would have stretched around your ankle. If it was synthetic it wouldnt.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

My son has different size feet and has to have most of his shoes made for him, when we do buy 'normal' shoes we get them to fit as they cannot be helpful enough !

Friendly professional service EVERY time so will keep going back.

i must say i was talking about the wick shop. and i have been back in since,and its just the one member of staff, and i find the rest of the staff very nice.

I have always found the staff in the Thurso shop to be really friendly and helpful. They take lots of time ensuring the kids shoes are the right size and fit.
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

Staff in DE in Thurso can't be faulted as far as I am concerned. Earlier this year I was looking for a black sandal with a low heel for a wedding and they couldn't have been more helpful and found something in stock that suited just fine. I always feel they go that extra mile

Shellie -- thats what i wanted to know ... - but her reply was its up to u!!

CAT - it was one perticulare staff member - i thought it might have just been me that thought this as usually they are all great and very friendly, and cant help enough. but when we left i asked my OH and he thought the same... oh well maybe she was just having a serious off day and thought talking to staff rather than customers was best way to be!
    jac

ah da think iv iver bin in DE's in ma life...i go til johnnie gunns
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by jac1791 View Post
    went into shop today, i had ordered a pair of boots but was now unsure if i liked them, the sales assistant got them from back shoe, said it was ok if i didnt want them as i could get a refund on the deposit, which i thought was good, but that was the only possitive thing about my visit!!! i tried the boots on, and they were tight across my ankle, i asked if they thought they would stretch a bit to be told " dont think so, its up to yourself if you take them". there was no conversation with the staff as they were too buy talking between themself about christmas, what has happened to this shop -- i always usually go there for my foot wear but not anymore, if i have ever felt unwelcome in a shop - it was today!!!! so guess what -- the boots went back on the shelf!!!!
    I dont no about you but when i buy shoes my decision is based on price,style,comfort and quality for the price not on how friendly the staff is

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyCowie View Post
    Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Was it the manager that served you or a sales assistant? Im sure that if it was a sales assistant then the manager would be happy to help if you have a complaint.

My mum is the manager of the Thurso branch, my sister works there just now too and i worked there for a good few years too. Not forgetting my granny was manager for many many years. Its nice to see people have had positive experiences in Thurso. Would mean alot to my mum.

Also just to say, if the boot was leather it would have stretched around your ankle. If it was synthetic it wouldnt.
    Sometime a well if you get a shoe thats a bit tight around your feet you can smear vaseline on the inside of the shoes were its tight until the shoe softens up wants its been worn a couple times saves been uncomfartable and getting blisters or sore bits in your feet

d
    Quote Originally Posted by jac1791 View Post
    I have allways found the staff in DE shoes Wick and Thurso to be most helpful and good .
    They are first class with my two small kids aged 3 and 5 .
    Perhaps you should remember your own customer skills(JAC 1971) when you had the Paper Shop in Dempster Street .
    Some of the staff in there were Down right rude !

I have been in there before it closed and found Chip and you too busy talking to one of your friends to be bothered with customer conversationon more than once
    POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK ME THINKS !!!
    Last edited by bridgeend; 15-Oct-10 at 13:06.

LOL Bridgend -- maybe thats one o the reasons we haven't got the shop anymore -- we didnt put enough enphisis on customer relations!!! I wouldnt was another shop in the same situation!!!!!
    jac

Quote Originally Posted by pentlander View Post
    Why do people insist on posting this gibberish. Are you retarded or do you have fat fingers.
    Pentlander - I'ds only a web forum. No lek real life .

Edit
    Ah speak lek iss normally, an ah can assure ye, ah'm no' stupid !
    Localspeak is good crack !
    Last edited by Dog-eared; 15-Oct-10 at 23:43.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast