Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: wedding gift help!!!

Default wedding gift help!!!

going to friend wedding in wick and don't have an clue what to get there house is fully kitted out does anyone have any good iders?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

I recently got married!! And I got a vase from a family friend!! Thought that was really nice!! Or a photo book or something like that!!!

His and hers things mayb 2 or something personalised!! (towels?)

Voucher for the restaurant Bord De L'eau in Wick 01955 604400. Highly recommended.

Just give them money then they can get what the actually need, or they could even spend it on something on honeymoon.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Eyecandy in Thurso have some beautiful things.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Huge hamper with local produce and things

You could get 2 wine glasses engraved with the design of the invite and date etc....think the guys name is willie bain (someone will probably correct me)
    Or ask if they have a wedding list ?

Thank you all so much for your help

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

Homebase vouchers for future decorating or household goods? Have also done a hamper with cleaning materials, washing powder, conditioner, toilet rolls, kitchen roll and dishwasher tablets. This went down a treat as the money the couple would have spend on these items they had to spend as they chose.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Default Wedding gifts

Willie Bain the engraver up at the airport does some lovely things or a hamper is a lovely gift

Default ideas

When i got married we pretty much had all of the 'house' essentials too but some people got us the following which we loved:

Meal vouchers
    Cinema vouchers (ok no cinema in Thurso anymore)
    Voucher for Eden court theatre
    Hamper

all of the above we were delighted with and thought it was a bit different.

Default Wedding present

We gave my niece lovely Caithness stone place mats,they were expensive but really lovely came boxed,couple loved them,and its not the sort of thing would maybe buy them selves

The shop "Made In Caithness" at the bottom of Wick High Street has some beautiful paintings etc., which would make lovely presents. A great selection.

Or a greystones farm gift token so they can choose from his range of meat

Default Gift

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    You could get 2 wine glasses engraved with the design of the invite and date etc....think the guys name is willie bain (someone will probably correct me)
    Or ask if they have a wedding list ?
    Was going to suggest wine glasses too, or champagne glasses. There is a unit up at Wick Industrial Estate that does them!

Thats Willie!
    Up at the industrial estate.
    There is nothing worse than getting 5 toasters etc...
    Or the pressie that you dont know what to do with....mine on that front was a large crystal glass punch bowl/very large sugar bowl on a stalk....its survived everything