Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Smith/Dunnett?

Smile Smith/Dunnett?

Hi

My Mum passed away (Parkinsons at only 55yrs old) a couple of years ago and did not know much about her ancestory. She had begun to find out information but did not get far. I would like to finish what she cannot.

This is the information I have so far about her real family (she was adopted) beginning with her father and mother.

Thomas Theodore Smith - B: 22 Dec? 1922 (Wellington,NSW,Australia) D: 17 March 1952 (Wellington,NSW,Australia)
    M: 31 July 1945 to (both residing and married in Apsley,NSW,Aust)
    Beryl Winifred Hardin - B: 1927 (Wellington,NSW,Aust)
    They had 5 children together, Janice L, Kevin J, Margaret D, Beryl W and Robyn Sandra. My Mum Robyn was the youngest and was born 1mth before her father passed away and she was the only child put up for adoption.

Thomas Theodore Smith Parents:
    James Smith - B: 1874 (Montreal,Canada) D: 9 July 1972 (Wellington,NSW,Aust)
    M: 10 January 1914 to (both residing and married in Wellington,NSW)
    Gertrude Hetherington -B: 1884 (Lewis Ponds,Orange,NSW) D: 10 April 1929 (Wellington,NSW,Australia)
    They had 5 children together, Edward J, Edith J, Walter Zara, Thomas Theodore and James.

James Smith Parents:
    David Smith and Jessie Dunnett (It states on James' marriage and death certificates that his father David Smith was a Sea Captain?

Gertrude Hetherington Parents:
    William Hetherington and Sarah Owens

Beryl Winifred Hardin Parents:
    Edgar Francis Augustus Hardin - B:1893? (Echuca,Vic,Aust) D:?
    M: 2 June 1926 to (both residing and married in Bourke,NSW)
    Gladys Winifred Graham - B: 1904? (Poole, England) D: ?

Edgar Francis Augustus Hardin Parents:
    Thomas Hardin and Alice Elizabeth Howard

Gladys Winifred Graham Parents:
    Andrew Gordon Graham and Winifred (Mattie or Hattie?) Partridge
    It states on Gladys marriage certificate that her father Andrew is a Health Inspector.

Hope someone can help
    Thanks Kath
    Last edited by katware; 11-Oct-10 at 04:07.

Hello Kath have sent you a p.m. Have you any information on dates place of birth for your David Smith and Jesse Dunnet?

Default beryl winifred hardin

hello there cuz how do i private u

I do have a David Edward Medley Smith b c 1841 in Reay or Thurso, shipsmaster who married Jessie Dunnet in 1867 in Wick
    However I have their son James born in 1886 and much more likely to have been born in Scotland

Both David and Jessie died in Crosskirk, Thurso 1913 and 1906 respectively.
    they had Jessie Laird 1869, Isabella Bain 1871, Helen 1877, David John Smith b? d 1877( the information I have is that e too was born in 1877 but that really doesn't make sense), David Smith b 1877, Donaldina 1881 and James 1886.

I know quite a bit about this family as I researched them when I was looking for my Smith's . there were two headed by John Smith's in Ducansbay.
    John Smith married to Janet Corner and
    John Smith married to Barbara Murray.
    David is descended from the 1st couple while my ancestors were the second one.

If you have some reason to think this is the correct couple I can let you have the information I do have.

Mamie

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie_2 View Post
    I do have a David Edward Medley Smith b c 1841 in Reay or Thurso, shipsmaster who married Jessie Dunnet in 1867 in Wick
    However I have their son James born in 1886 and much more likely to have been born in Scotland

Both David and Jessie died in Crosskirk, Thurso 1913 and 1906 respectively.
    they had Jessie Laird 1869, Isabella Bain 1871, Helen 1877, David John Smith b? d 1877( the information I have is that e too was born in 1877 but that really doesn't make sense), David Smith b 1877, Donaldina 1881 and James 1886.

I know quite a bit about this family as I researched them when I was looking for my Smith's . there were two headed by John Smith's in Ducansbay.
    John Smith married to Janet Corner and
    John Smith married to Barbara Murray.
    David is descended from the 1st couple while my ancestors were the second one.

If you have some reason to think this is the correct couple I can let you have the information I do have.

Mamie
    Part of my ancestry is John Smith and Janet Corner via daughter Margaret and I've gone sideways a bit...so maybe I can add to Mamie's info for you. James was definitely born in Thurso, though.

Hi, I am the youngest of Janice,eldest daughter of Thomas and Beryl.I would also like to learn more as my mum passed away in June 2014