Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niall Fernie, the Anarchist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zael

who is this condesending "squidge" person anyway?
    Hi Zael

Im amethysts real life friend. We have lunch coffee and chat and i called her sweetie because she is a sweetie, she is clever and funny and lovely and i am very fond of her. I am pleased to see Amethyst interested abnd opinonated on politics. I have been worried by the apparent lack of interest in many of the young people i talk to. I am concerned at the lack of personalities and the lack of passion in politics. I am in agreement with your assessment of the fact that politcs is all about power. In my last post i suggested that there is no urge to see politics as a public service. That's maybe an old fashioned term but it is valid. Politics is and should be about serving society and doing the best for the people who elected you not about how rich you can get and how many times you can get your pic in the paper.

I love to see opinionated people truly - there is nothing i like better than a good heated passionate discussion and Amethyst is bright intelligent and able to contribute and i love that. The chocolate giraffe was a private joke which i have edited out as it appears to be open to misinterpretation....

Amethyst - i would vote for you above frank too

Quote Originally Posted by Zael
    who is this condesending "squidge" person anyway?
    She's a lovely "squidge" person, that's what!

Thank you, Squidge and Zael for your votes, at this rate I will be PM in no time lol - or at least PM of the Caithness.org MB! hehe

Thanks guys for what you've said, last time I aired my opinions on the message board, I took a bit of a beating and went into hiding lol.

You guys are cool... But Zael, that was uncool calling my friend rude and ignorant for the way she usually treats me, but you weren't to know that, so I suppose I can forgive you if she can

I hope that something else got through, hopefully to frank. Niall is entitled to his own opinions as much as frank is! And there is a logic to it!

I, to a certain extent (of which I am not sure of), agree with Niall's view that the fight is against all political parties. Each one thinks that it's flawless, but the people in the real world, who are meeting struggles in every day life, can see the flaws. There's a lack of understanding people's needs throughout the political parties.

Amethyst, if you believe in something then ignore the beatings even when you think everybody is against you.

Just sit down, think it through, make sure you are not just being rash and having thought things through rationally and calmly if you still believe you are right struggle on!
    Some of the greatest leaps forward that mankind has made have been brought about by people who were brave enough to be in a minority of one!

Majorities may make the most noise but more often than not they do not make the most sense!

And Zael, one thing you will learn eventually is that an old person is really a young person who has lived longer and has the scars to prove it.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12