Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ebay Postage

Default Ebay Postage

What is the favoured postage method for serious eBayers from the far North?

Whenever Mrs M posts things to her Mother in South Wales, or parcels to the grandchildren in the Midlands, she has always used the post office.

Is there a better or cheaper way of getting parcels South.

Thank you in anticipation.

KM
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Nope - Royal Mail is always the cheapest. A lot of ebay sellers who charge extra for the highlands can be talked into posting with Royal Mail if you ask nicely
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Default Royal Mail

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Nope - Royal Mail is always the cheapest. A lot of ebay sellers who charge extra for the highlands can be talked into posting with Royal Mail if you ask nicely
    I thought Royal Mail would have been the best choice, but with the ammount of parcels that she sends down the line I just thought I would ask, anyone that does eBay would have sourced the cheapest and best way.

Thanks for the reply, Leanne.

Hi, I just use the post office for all my ebay parcels. Not sure of any other means. I do get the odd parcel go missing though

"senditnow.com" are very good for large parcels. Their owned by RM if you look in the small print.

Until recently we did a lot of business on eBay. Have a look here. They 'buy up' the spare capacity of all the major carrier companies and will arrange to collect from your door. In our most recent case our delivery postman collected the parcel as he was delivering the mail. Simple to use and very competative.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Where do all these "lost" parcels go? I've had to put in claims for a few items but never get the parcel back even tho' it has a return address on. Very annoying for both customers and myself.

Sometimes through the wrong door...

Default Postage

Kev, my OH has a business account with the RM. This allows her to drop bags off at the PO without having to wait. They are weight dependant but it does save a lot of time and effort during the busy day. She can be contacted via The Great Big Bead Shop if you need more info
    Dont work too hard - its bad for your health

Default Postage Advice

Some sound advice, thank you all for the replies.

Regards.

KM