Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hunting

Default Hunting

IS there anywhere up here you can go hunting? By hunting i mean anything from a walkabout in the countryside shooting rabbits and birds to camoing up and waiting. Anything remotely close to hunting give me some numbers, websites, name.

Always had a keen intererst so would like to give it a shot, see how i like it.

Also need to know all details such as age etc if you give me names etc.

I Thought Hunting was band

Talking hunting

Hunting with dogs is banned not guns

Hugo Ross (fishing tackle shop in Wick) may be able to help.

Default Hunting

I may be able to help you there...

Currently got a bad vermin problem, i lost all of my chickens a couple of weeks ago to either a fox, mink or poll cat. Some were taken completely others were dead on scene but with heads ripped off.

Would actually appreciate if you came up to my bit, baited the area then got rid of my chicken eating pests!! The chicken coop (which is a now empty) would make a rather good hide out...

I really want to get chooks again but obviously cant until this problem is sorted.

Fore info this happened in daylight hours, the chooks were let out at 9am I went to Inverness for the day and came back at about quarter to four in the afternoon where i found a feild full of feathers.

PM me if you are interested. Like i say you would be doing me a great favour...
    Last edited by locini; 16-Dec-09 at 10:28. Reason: more details

Default The kill

I would only kill animals, Birds etc for food not for so called sport or some sick enjoyment, too many folk in Caithness just blast creatures away for the sake of it. I'm a survialist I respect all creatures they provide me with food.

Default try these people, Dunnet

Open mon - friday 10.30 - 5.30pm CH Haygarth & sons, will give you all the advice you need re hunting locally. Very friendly, well established , family business....

pop in and see them and have a chat .....

K

01847 851602 if you would rather phone ......

Default rabbit shooting

A farmer told me 7 rabbits eat as much as one sheep - if you go and knock on a few doors you should be able to shoot rabbits quite easily. Anything else usually has a price tag attched.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    IS there anywhere up here you can go hunting? By hunting i mean anything from a walkabout in the countryside shooting rabbits and birds to camoing up and waiting. Anything remotely close to hunting give me some numbers, websites, name.

I know that there is a huge problem with stray cats in the atomic site so you could perhaps send some of these pests to kitty heaven and save a few hundred birds in the process. I think cats without bells are classed as wild animals and you should be okay.

Anyone shooting cats will be shot by me, have their house burned down and their families hunted down and dispatched. Then if I miss any I will hunt down the next generation.

That about covers that.

Sorry if I offended any cat lovers out there however I really think these things are vermin but I shouldn't have recommended their shooting by hobby shootists.Humane destruction by means of hessian bag and brick (old school) used to be acceptable but in todays enlightened times I think poisoning is quicker and less likely to polute our waterways.

Gourmet, how many fingers do you have? Count very slowly so you don't miss any. If you have difficulty ask your sister.

Are you implying my sister is also my auntie? This is illegal unlike the humane destruction of unbelled cats.

caithness where else would you want to be??

can you eat cat, and if so which ones the belled or un belled type?? gourmet can you advise please

Quote Originally Posted by the gourmet View Post
    Are you implying my sister is also my auntie? This is illegal unlike the humane destruction of unbelled cats.
    There is no where in law that states that domestic cats have to wear bells or even collars for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by the gourmet View Post
    I know that there is a huge problem with stray cats in the atomic site so you could perhaps send some of these pests to kitty heaven and save a few hundred birds in the process. I think cats without bells are classed as wild animals and you should be okay.
    Who caused this problem? People!!!! So they are not pests but victims of peoples' stupidity in not getting cats castrated and also many being dumped as if they were rubbish.

Default Gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post

How does someone who thinks they may like to try wandering around the countryside blasting away at wildlife get a gun licence?

It seems to me that if it is that easy we should all be very worried indeed.

It has been shown time and again that people with an interest in guns and or hunting eventually, dissatisfied with killing animals, will inevitably turn their guns on people.

I think anyone applying for a gun licence should be treated as a psychopath and locked up for their own and everyone else’s safety. How many times have we heard this "Oh he was a very nice quiet man, kept himself to himself......"
    Last edited by ducati; 09-Jan-10 at 09:54.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    How does someone who thinks they may like to try wandering around the countryside blasting away at wildlife get a gun licence?

It seems to me that if it is that easy we should all be very worried indeed.

It has been shown time and again that people with an interest in guns and or hunting eventually, dissatisfied with killing animals, will inevitably turn their guns on people.

I think anyone applying for a gun licence should be treated as a psychopath and locked up for their own and everyone else’s safety. How many times have we heard this "Oh he was a very nice quiet man, kept himself to himself......"
    Says someone who has just threated to shot someone,burn their house down and hunt down their family members.Even as a joke it aint funny,Who's the psycho????
    Last edited by Mystical Potato Head; 09-Jan-10 at 17:30.

Default Gun control

Fair Cop MPH. Nevertherless, I still think this is a valid discussion point as Bloo drew attention to it. Maybe I'll start a new thread.

see mr more at sibster.
    he can organise shooting trips at auchorn farm, lyth. he's gamekeeper.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast