Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mind your own business!!!!

Default Mind your own business!!!!

I have a gunnera that was bought from a garden centre but the pot in which it was bought is covered in 'Mind your own business'. Has anyone had problems with this weed or will it enhance a garden? I quite like the look of it in the gardens where the gardeners are able to manage it but will it take over any garden?

On a purely aesthetic front it seems to give a aged mature look to a garden, especially around the edges of paths, so what is the best way forward? Should I get rid of it before I am over run with it as I think it likes wet climates like ours? Thanks in advance.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Hi, Rheghead. I should use it as freebie ground cover - it pulls quite easily if you want to thin it out. Wish you better luck than we had with our Gunnera. The frost treats it real bad. Saw a fantastic one down in Cornwall a couple of years back - huge leaves about 8ft dia and 8-10 feet high.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco
    Hi, Rheghead. I should use it as freebie ground cover - it pulls quite easily if you want to thin it out. Wish you better luck than we had with our Gunnera. The frost treats it real bad. Saw a fantastic one down in Cornwall a couple of years back - huge leaves about 8ft dia and 8-10 feet high.
    Hi, I have just been to Cornwall, in fact my gunnera was bought in Cornwall. Was the giant gunnera in the Pinelodge gardens in St Austell?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk

I found this site useful
    Live life to the full, you only get one chance so make it count
    dont be to happy coz someone sure to shoot you down