Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new takeaway in thurso

Thumbs up

Well even thou i ordered the wrong thing it was still Very Tasty cuse my mounth is still burning...!! & for my OH he quite liked his Calzone which was stuffed full of Yummy Goodies.....!!
    But must say not as good as the one that closed down in Wick the Calzone's there were bigger but in all will go back..!!

Just had a kebab and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Added point, the staff were lovely also.
    Last edited by unicorn; 08-Oct-10 at 18:53.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Was there last nite too and they had electricial problems so were only serving Pizza's and Kebabs which was fine with us they were very nice to explain things hopefully they didn't lose too much business with this problem

I would like to eliterate the problems they are having.

I was the one that done the electrics and there is nothing wrong with it.

The reason why they are only doing Pizza's and Kebabs is down to the ventilation.

I advised the owners that their ventilation is not good enough when i first looked at
    the place and i personally did not think it would pass through the planners.

Anyway I have been told that their have been complaints from the Royal Hotel about the smells from making curries. The Council was up and told them that the ventilation has to be rectified before a certain date and if not they will be forced to close the premises.

They are only allowed to cook Pizza's and Kebabs etc but no curries due to the spices.
    Lost all your TV channels!!!
    Updated Digital Switchover FAQ's and Connection Wizard
    www.pr-electrical.com

Busted, but, you cant blame them for not telling this to every customer that walks in or posting a big sign on the window that says: "This place was ill-planed and therefore cannot serve all meals".

Saying that, hope you didn't get any bad recommendations for you work moonboots.
    Everyday above ground is a good day

well their kebabs are good so I wont complain
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

obviously they wouldnt want to say that its ill-planned however i didnt expect them to say its an electrical fault when it isnt...

Even though you dont need electric to use a gas cooker...lol
    The fryers are gas too.

Dont get me wrong there was a fault with the Mains fuse from the service cable on opening night but that was down to the main fuse not been upgraded since 1950...

This however had now been done by Hydro-Electric and everything is now fine..

I havnt heard anyone yet but will wait and see if i hear of anyone about bad recommendations
    Lost all your TV channels!!!
    Updated Digital Switchover FAQ's and Connection Wizard
    www.pr-electrical.com

Lets hope they sort there little problem out would be a shame if it closed

I am a fan of the Curry King special pizza. It is fantastic.
    Yet to try a curry from there but I will as soon as they sort out the ventilation issues.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Default No Currys

The Curry King in Thurso are only selling pizzas and kebabs at the moment.

YOu cannot order curries, etc - this is due to technical problems.

We have had currys from the Wick branch, and they were all very good.

Default hi

hi if its of any interest they cant make currys just now as the royal complained about the smell going through the hotel so i think there waiting for an out let for this

But if you fancy a curry I can highly recommend Shelina Spice. Im on my 2nd curry of the week! Mmmmm Dansak!

Unfortunately, even though I usually have a strong stomach, after eating a kebab from here I was left with a sore stomach and feeling very ill for 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Logical View Post
    Unfortunately, even though I usually have a strong stomach, after eating a kebab from here I was left with a sore stomach and feeling very ill for 2 days
    Was that from the curry King?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    Was that from the curry King?
    Unfortunately so.

have ate there a few times now and i think the people who work there are nice & the food is very good too

im a bit dubious to try as Shelina are sooo good (muching a curry!) Dont wanna try and be dissappointed if not up to standard!
    My OH has worked all over GB and has said the Donner in Shelina is some of the best he's had.....Hopefully they have the same supplier in the C.K being in the same area.....anyone had a chicken kebab? Is it tikka or off a leg?

Default doner kebab !!

myself and my husband tried the doner kebab in the shelina spice and was very dissapointed. hardly any taste . maybe we got them on a bad day ......

We've rarely if ever had a prob with Shelina Spice and we've been going there for about 4 years at least once a week.....I think my family keep the place open!
    Give it another try for the kebabs - must have been having an off day! Saying that not everyone likes the same thing.
    My OH was lucky enough to grow up close enough to get curry and kebabs from the curry mile.........and we both agree that Shelina is on par with some of the award winning restaurants.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    We've rarely if ever had a prob with Shelina Spice and we've been going there for about 4 years at least once a week.....I think my family keep the place open!
    Give it another try for the kebabs - must have been having an off day! Saying that not everyone likes the same thing.
    My OH was lucky enough to grow up close enough to get curry and kebabs from the curry mile.........and we both agree that Shelina is on par with some of the award winning restaurants.
    are you mad u must have very poor taste buds

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast