Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new takeaway in thurso

Thumbs down new takeaway in thurso

has anyone else been to the new takeaway yet beside the newmarket. went today and was disgusted with the food and the service. the staff were ignorant and food was poor quality and tasteless in my opinion. not recommended. ordered a pizza had very little topping on it even though it was the so called "special". very disappointed indeed. wont be going back.
    remember me im annie gee :-)

What type of Take-Away is this? Is it Indian, Chinese, a Chippy or something else?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

it is called the curry king. it is an indian takeaway.

Default the curry king

the curry king

someone from work had a calizone from there last night and was raving about it at work today - she was impressed

OK thanks for that info. The Curry King eh!!! Well I will not be buying from them as I do not like any form of Curry.

I wish them well though and I hope that make a sucess of their Business

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

They do burgers, kebabs, pizzas but does anyone know if they do curry? with a name like that Id expect so!

dragonfly she was lucky because my food was disgusting. what a waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    has anyone else been to the new takeaway yet beside the newmarket. went today and was disgusted with the food and the service. the staff were ignorant and food was poor quality and tasteless in my opinion. not recommended. ordered a pizza had very little topping on it even though it was the so called "special". very disappointed indeed. wont be going back.
    Why the gripe? Are they taking business away from you?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Im sure they'll get plenty of business regardless from the passing pub trade - everything is edible when ur drunk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybiscuits03 View Post
    They do burgers, kebabs, pizzas but does anyone know if they do curry? with a name like that Id expect so!
    Aye, a full range of Indian take-away food. Got their menu today, and it looks very, very interesting. Prices seem typical for up here.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Mmm curry - well I'll give it a try but I'll leave it a few weeks til they find there feet!!

Well when i was in, the staff were not ignorant!!!! They were chatting and saying sorry for the delays in the orders etc to everyone who was waiting.... I wouldnt say thats ignorant....

As for the food.. I cant comment on the curries but the pizza's were good.
    Lost all your TV channels!!!
    Updated Digital Switchover FAQ's and Connection Wizard
    www.pr-electrical.com

Anyone got the opening times for this?

On the menu it says 4pm - 11pm, 7 days a week.

thanks for that

Don't know if it's the same as the Wick one but I had a chicken and sweetcorn pizza with an indian twist. It had chicken tikka and the onions were yellow coloured and tasted of curry as if they were the same batch as they would use for curries. Personally I didn't like my curry pizza.

Had a simple medium doner kebab (with salad and sauce) tonight, service was pleasant, friendly and fairly quick. Watched the chef cook it in front of me.

Tasted fine, typically 'kebabby' with a nice but not overpowering chilli kick. Would have liked mayo added though, so will remember that next time.

Overall, a definite <thumbs-up> experience.

Smile

Glad i came on here now as i'am going there tonight thought i'd check out the recommendations first before we went so it wouldn't be a wasted trip approx 20min's travelling cann't wait now till oh gets home fae work.........!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by froal View Post
    Glad i came on here now as i'am going there tonight thought i'd check out the recommendations first before we went so it wouldn't be a wasted trip approx 20min's travelling cann't wait now till oh gets home fae work.........!!!!
    Let us know how it is!....Im looking forward to giving it a go myself!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast