Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Keith/ Swansons Watten

Post Keith/ Swansons Watten

Does anyone have George Keith and Barbara Swanson, in their tree they married 1802 in Watten, Barbara must of died as George married a Elizabeth Tait ? her surname was difficult to make out on Georges death cert he died 1864 in Watten.
    George , Elizabeth and his son Charles were living at backless in Watten in 1851 occupation Farmer (of 12 Acres Emp 2 Lab)
    1861 George was a retired farmer living at Greystones in Watten with Elizabeth and a lodger Elizabeth must of died between 1861 &1864 as he was a widower at time of his death.
    Interested in finding info on Barbara Swanson who her parents were and when she died
    Tiffers

There is a gravestone in Watten Cemetery that reads as follows,
    Erected by George Keith in memory of his father George Keith late tacksman Backlass who died in Bylbster 8th August 1864 aged 95 years and his mother Barbara Swanson who died 25th Feb 1839 aged 66 years.

Smile Keith /Swanson

Great thanks for that it would certainly seem to be my George and Barbara I knew Barbara must of died before 1841 as she wasn't on the census.

Default Keith

I have that Janet and Margaret Keith- 2 daughters of George Keith/Barbara Swanson married 2 BAIN brothers John & George (sons of John Bain and Isobel Waters).

Default Keith

Tricia
    Yes thats what I have also
    Tiffers

Default Barbara Swanson ??

this one probably
    County Caithness-shire
    Place Thurso
    Church Thurso Vol Ii
    RegisterNumber 71
    DateOfBirth
    BaptismDate 25 Mar 1770
    Forename Barbara
    Sex F
    FatherForename Henry
    MotherForename Isabel
    FatherSurname SWANSON
    MotherSurname CHARLESON
    Abode Sordel
    FatherOccupation
    Notes Witness Petter Jack And Henry Water
    FileNumber 16096

The Swansons in Watten own the farm over the road from me. Could they be relatives?
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ