Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Another scam telephone call.

Default Another scam telephone call.

Received a phone call yesterday claiming I am entitled to a refund of bank charges. When I sounded a bit interested, the Asian chap called George told me I was entitled to £700 refund of charges. When I told the guy I have never been charged £700 by my bank he hung up. I suspect he was after my bank details.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Yup same happened to me tonight although it was sky asking if we wanted to 'renew' some payment protection thing, when i said i didnt have payment protection they hung up.

Beware orgers, theres some dodgy ppl out there!

there's always a new scam popping up, hopefully most people are aware of them now and know not to give out details no matter how convincing they are.
    whoever said the only vegetable that can make you cry is an onion has obviously not been hit on the heid wi a neep!

Just for the record, despite my healthy tan I am not the asian George who called you. Funny how they always have European names.

There's a really funny series of ads on our TV lately featuring a burly bloke in a hut in Siberia, handling customer service calls for a bank (any bank other than the one that made the ad, I suppose). On the phone he calls himself "Peggy".
    http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_dis...3b09f1d61936e8
    Last edited by George Brims; 29-Sep-10 at 22:34. Reason: Added link

I got a "PRESS 9 !! you've won a holiday in Cancun!! yes a holiday in Cancun Mexico!! PRESS 9 NOW"
    aye right. a recorded message too, so ya canny even tell em to, erm, go press 9 themsels.
    it's a sair fecht