Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oag's, Gunn's & Corners, Watten and Thrumster

Default Oag's, Gunn's & Corners, Watten and Thrumster

Looking for connections from/to Oag's, Gunn's and Sinclairs from Watten to Oag's and Corners from Thrumster. so far only know some Corners came from Sarclett area with the others from Watten, sadly don't have first names. I believe some of the ones from Watten originaly came with the clearances. Any help would be apreciated, thanks in advance.

Exclamation hi garnet

hello garnet
    dont know about the watten side but in thrumster[sarclet]a few gunns butonly mind one corner however as for oags theres so many you would need first names or more infmo as there is families galore of oags there
    if i find a site will come back to you but am not much good at this game best of luck tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tighsonas4 View Post
    hello garnet
    dont know about the watten side but in thrumster[sarclet]a few gunns butonly mind one corner however as for oags theres so many you would need first names or more infmo as there is families galore of oags there
    if i find a site will come back to you but am not much good at this game best of luck tony
    have sent you a pm tony

Default corner

Interested in the name Corner as I have a Janet Corner married to Charles Keith dont have dates of bith for them but have their 4 children george b 1774 Alexander 1779, David 1766 Mary 1777 in wick Caithness.

Default Corners etc

Hi, tiffers that sounds great, are they connected to you and can you pm me where/how you found them. thanks in advance as thet say.

Default Corner

Have sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
    Looking for connections from/to Oag's, Gunn's and Sinclairs from Watten to Oag's and Corners from Thrumster. so far only know some Corners came from Sarclett area with the others from Watten, sadly don't have first names. I believe some of the ones from Watten originaly came with the clearances. Any help would be apreciated, thanks in advance.
    too many possibles here.
    Any dates etc would be good.
    eg
    elspeth oag m francis sinclair 1774 Thrumster/Wick
    henrietta ross oag m john sinclair 1888 - went to Australia 1909

andrew corner m henrietta oag - sarclet

Tricia
    a MORE from Wick

Default More

Hi Tricia
    I have a Isabella Swanson , daughter of Charles Swanson & Helen Bain who married a Malcolm Groat More in 1901 in Edinburgh. His parents being Robert Phin More & Catherine Miller More.
    Are you connected in anyway with this More's

Red face Groat

Sorry my mistake it should read Catherine Miller Groat

yes they are my MORE family.
    Malcolm Groat More (died 1928) is a 2 cousin 3r.
    Where do you relate.

Default More

Tricia
    My husband is 1st cousin 2xremoved of Malcolm More's wife Isabella Swanson
    Tiffers

Quote Originally Posted by tiffers View Post
    Tricia
    My husband is 1st cousin 2xremoved of Malcolm More's wife Isabella Swanson
    Tiffers
    I don't have much keyed in on Isabella's family at present except her parents and then of course lots on the MORE family.
    That will be my task tomorrow any help welcomed

Tricia

Default Corners/Gunns/Oags

Hi Tricia, thanks for that info, so far I've spent more time looking at what everyone else is doing and I'm well impressed, overawed actually. An awful lot of you have put so much work into your 'trees' that you're even helping mesmerised, not sure where to start, beginners like me, so it's off to the registrars/groat/cemetery etc armed with the info you, tiffers and toni gave me. Again thanks. A Garnet......
    Last edited by Garnet; 06-Oct-10 at 01:45. Reason: word missing

Red face Corners/Gunns/Oag

Hi Garnet
    there are a lot of corners on this site http://www.cursiter.com/txt-exe-files/Corner.txt
    good Luck with your research
    Tiffers

Default Additonal Children for Charles Keith and Janet Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tiffers View Post
    Interested in the name Corner as I have a Janet Corner married to Charles Keith dont have dates of bith for them but have their 4 children george b 1774 Alexander 1779, David 1766 Mary 1777 in wick Caithness.
    Margaret 1762
    Charles 1769
    John 1771
    Elizabeth 1783 born Watten

I remember Willie Corner, who lived in the first house on the left at Sarclet as you enter the village. I think he must have been a repairer of clocks, because his house was always full of them.

Default Corners Gunns

Tiffers Mamie 2 and spurtle many thanks for your information, I have come accross Janet and Charles before (possibly in tiffers post) I also have a James Forbes -m- Margaret Commings who's dgtr Jane b 1834 Sarclet who in 1861-m-David Corner b 1833 Sarclet the son of Wm Corner-m-Helen More. no dates for them yet.

Sputle you say you remember a Willie Corner can you give a rough time span for this and was he an elderly person at that time? Clocks that's interesting, he would be well known then. Won't get to see any stones in this weather as a lot of Thrumster's are lying flat Thanks-you all again for your kindness and help. Garnet.

Willie would have been there until the late 60s. He was certainly an old man when I went there. I remember the district nurse being there, and he had a sort of box-bed which I seem to remember being in the middle of the room, so not a proper one, which was usually built into or against the wall. Goodeness, such a long time ago! Will ask someone else who knew him for you

Thank-you Spurtle, we/I think then that he may have been an uncle of our.....father...I think!!! I really must get off my rearend, but I'm a bit poorly (dramatist!) got this awful flu tho! Garnet.

Tiffers Mamie 2 and spurtle many thanks for your information, I have come accross Janet and Charles before (possibly in tiffers post) I also have a James Forbes -m- Margaret Commings who's dgtr Jane b 1834 Sarclet who in 1861-m-David Corner b 1833 Sarclet the son of Wm Corner-m-Helen More. no dates for them yet.

Sputle you say you remember a Willie Corner can you give a rough time span for this and was he an elderly person at that time? Clocks that's interesting, he would be well known then. Won't get to see any stones in this weather as a lot of Thrumster's are lying flat Thanks-you all again for your kindness and help. Garnet.
    May help with some Corner family.
    1901 in Sarclet
    Name: David Corner
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1834
    Relationship: Head
    Where born: Wick, Caithness
    Registration Number: 43
    Registration district: Wick
    Civil Parish: Wick
    County: Caithness
    Address: Corbigoe No 4 (Old Hall)
    ED: 12
    Household schedule number: 58
    Line: 17
    Roll: CSSCT1901_12
    Household Members: Name Age
    David Corner 67 Head (Widower of Jane/Janet Forbes)
    William Corner 28 son
    Christina Corner 26 sons's wife ( This is Christina Janet Forbes MORE born 12 Mar 1875)
    Christina R Corner 6 mon g'daug
    David Corner 1 g'son
    Jamesina Farquhar 16 gnd neice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast