Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Enola Gay

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    So our system of democracy is unfair, it doesn't alter anything.

If you are a part of a democratic group you agree to abide by the majority decision on matters which involve the group.
    Just because you abide by the majority decision, doesnt mean you belive what the majority believes. I asked you did you support Israel, not whether your country did. What you said is that YOU SUPPORT ISRAEL, because your country does. So YOU think that Israel BOMBING and KILLING INNOCENT CIVILLIANS is right?
    "We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance, and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns." ~ Tom Waits

No, what he said was
    My country does.

in saying that his country does, he said that he supports what his country supports, and his country supports Israel...
    "We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance, and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns." ~ Tom Waits

I somehow think 'fred' would rather rip out his own tongue with a rusty pair of pliers than admit to supporting Israel.......

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    You "believe" you pay taxes?

I pay taxes too - I don't have kids but I still seem to be paying onto the education pot. Fair? Not in my eyes.

We use the NHS - so far we have been pretty happy with our 'treatment' (including some serious health scares which thankfully proved to be false), we have an excellent GP who actually is willing to spend time with her patients and not just rush you in and out while clock watching.

So I don't begrudge paying my part, but I do begrudge the government/NHS (mis)managers threatening the closure of the very services, at our local main hospital, which we had to use recently....

No vaccines?
    No kids?
    (Isn't there a legal requirement on parents to have their children vaccinated against childhood diseases? I ask as I don't have any rugrats...)

No vaccines?
    No travel abroad?

So, say you do, you travel to countries with a vaccination requirement but you don't get vaccinated?...
    You risk catching Typhoid, Hepatitis A, Diphtheria, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, Rabies, Meningococcal meningitis, Yellow fever, Japanese B encephalitis, Tick-borne encephalitis?......

I just wonder, if you follow your own advice ("see the world.. travel... ALOT.."), how you will approach a vaccine situation without feeling a hypocrite...

Or is that when you change your username to "sjblahblah"?......
    no.. no vaccines.. and vaccines are a not a requirement... UNLESS you are trying to put your child into American schools anyways.. tell my mate who spent a year in Somalia after being vaccinated by the US army.. but, is now suffering terribly from Malaria. You obviously no nothing about vaccines then.. but, if you wanna go into it.. I gladly will.

speaking of hypocrits... how about the hypocratic oath? maybe you should try reading it then come tell me how wonderful conventional medicine really is!

Quote Originally Posted by sjwahwah
    where in my comment do you see me mention "western world arms dealers"??? I'm fully aware that Hugo Chavez has agreed a sale of fighter jets with Putin yesturday and is going to support him for the UN Security Council.. and so he should cause Venezuelas next on the public menu.
    Venezuela next on what what "public menu"?

I consider a weapon of mass destruction to be any item of weaponry rich people make too much money off peddling
    (My bolds)
    Rich People make too much money off pedalling? I don’t think it takes a genius to work out what conclusions people would be likely to draw from those comments.

You don't need to convince me all the globalists are just as evil as each other.. no matter their geographical location.
    And exactly what particular qualities are required to become a Globalist as opposed to a Non-Globalist?
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

jaws..you seem to draw out your own assumptions to everything everyone has ever said! I mentioned China on a whole nother thread.. Media Manipulation.. not on this one... that is for sure.. neither did I mention America. besides.. the arms makers & peddlers in America have multi national partners anyways.. including the Bin Ladens & ex-prime ministers of this country... so is that a moot point? doesn't take a genius to figure that out either!

no.. no vaccines.. and vaccines are a not a requirement... UNLESS you are trying to put your child into American schools anyways.. tell my mate who spent a year in Somalia after being vaccinated by the US army.. but, is now suffering terribly from Malaria. You obviously no nothing about vaccines then.. but, if you wanna go into it.. I gladly will.

speaking of hypocrits... how about the hypocratic oath? maybe you should try reading it then come tell me how wonderful conventional medicine really is!
    I know about vaccines - I also know about the rush by the military to pump service personnel full of all sorts of questionable substances in the run up to the Gulf War and of the consequences of blindly saying "Yeah, I'll have some of that..."

I also know about the benefits of NOT taking a course of anti malaria drugs and that of taking it.

I'm not an ignorant person living in a cave who has not, to use your phrase again, seen the world.. travelled... ALOT.. met people.. learnt things..

I have probably done more and seen more in my years than you have yet to even dream about.

You wish to follow a course of not relying on modern medicine and that is fine. But don't treat others on this forum as if they are still wet behind the ears.

that's good you've done and seen so much more than everybody else in your life... great I bow to you. and I'm glad you know ALL about me or anybody else on this forum.

my words to celtic were for him to try these things.. not once in that sentence did I say I've done anything. that was not my phrase..

I believe on the subject of vaccines you ARE wet behind the ears... if you can speak to it then speak to it old wise one.

full of insults and slams but, cannot speak to all these things you know so much about..

that's good you've done and seen so much more than everybody else in your life... great I bow to you. and I'm glad you know ALL about me or anybody else on this forum.

my words to celtic were for him to try these things.. not once in that sentence did I say I've done anything. that was not my phrase..

I believe on the subject of vaccines you ARE wet behind the ears... if you can speak to it then speak to it old wise one.

full of insults and slams but, cannot speak to all these things you know so much about..
    sjblahblah,
    I said "I have probably done.." not I have done - subtle difference - I don't know you (nor at this rate do I think I wish to know you) and you have no need to bow before me. You could be as old as Methuselah or as young as someone just discovering shaving.

You do not know me either so to say I AM wet behind the ears regarding vaccines is wrong. I chose not to get any deeper into the discussion because it is my right not because I fear losing a discussion with you - whoever you are, whatever you are.

we;ve got more kings of semantics and life turns than anywhere else I've EVER seen.. . I bow.

sorry for all the trouble ive caused sjwahwah...

never fear my dear! I'm used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic 302
    Just because you abide by the majority decision, doesnt mean you belive what the majority believes. I asked you did you support Israel, not whether your country did. What you said is that YOU SUPPORT ISRAEL, because your country does. So YOU think that Israel BOMBING and KILLING INNOCENT CIVILLIANS is right?
    Someone else who likes to dictate both sides of an argument.

One person not supporting Israel does not mean Britain does not support Israel. Even a majority of people not supporting Israel does not mean Britain does not support Israel. The government decides what Britain supports or doesn't support not individuals.

The individual and the state are two different things. A group of individuals and the state are two different things. Even every individual and the state are two different things. Tony Blair himself could personally not support Israel yet give permission for American planes flying arms to Israel to refuel here, when he makes decissions for the state he has to think for the state not as a person. Like a lawyer has to make decissions for his client not for himself and must give a client he believes guilty the best defence he can.

Grasp this concept and you will understand what I said.

Pultneytooner,knowing your love o' music.This thread grabbed me not for the politics or anything but music.

When someone mentions Enola gay I don't first think of atom bombs but of a song by Orchaestral Manoeuvres in the Dark....a wee dinky pop song.

Ma reason for postin' was cause on the other side U2 saw the exhibition on the horrors of Hiroshima called "The Unforgettable Fire".They ended up writing a song and named their new album after it(1984)

I know,not political,but thought I would post a wee musical banter!!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

So our system of democracy is unfair, it doesn't alter anything.

If you are a part of a democratic group you agree to abide by the majority decision on matters which involve the group. Labour was elected to represent Britain under the rules for elections which were in place at the time so they make decisions on behalf of all of us even if some of us don't agree with them. As an individual I don't support Israel but in the world Britain does.

There are a lot of laws I don't agree with but that doesn't count for much if I'm caught breaking one of them.

At least Americans have the excuse that their elections were rigged, we don't even have that.
    If a law is unjust it should be broken. If a government is immoral it should be opposed. 'The individual' brought down Maggie Thatcher. To just roll over and accept your government murdering innocents, even though you disagree, is at best cowardice and at worst collaboration.

a man (or woman) with good sense dreadnought.

Someone else who likes to dictate both sides of an argument.

One person not supporting Israel does not mean Britain does not support Israel. Even a majority of people not supporting Israel does not mean Britain does not support Israel. The government decides what Britain supports or doesn't support not individuals.

The individual and the state are two different things. A group of individuals and the state are two different things. Even every individual and the state are two different things. Tony Blair himself could personally not support Israel yet give permission for American planes flying arms to Israel to refuel here, when he makes decissions for the state he has to think for the state not as a person. Like a lawyer has to make decissions for his client not for himself and must give a client he believes guilty the best defence he can.

Grasp this concept and you will understand what I said.
    (The bit in bold) The state doesnt decide what Britain supports, it decides what the State supports. The "individuals" support what the individuals support, not what the state supports.

When you said that when one person not supporting Israel doesnt mean britain doesnt support Israel, you are right. But when you said that even when the majority doesnt support Israel it doesnt mean that Britain doesnt support Israel, you are wrong. When the majoriy supports Israel, Britain supports Israel. When the majority doesnt, Britain doesnt. This is because Britain isnt the government, Britain is the publicl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by celtic 302
    (The bit in bold) The state doesnt decide what Britain supports, it decides what the State supports. The "individuals" support what the individuals support, not what the state supports.

When you said that when one person not supporting Israel doesnt mean britain doesnt support Israel, you are right. But when you said that even when the majority doesnt support Israel it doesnt mean that Britain doesnt support Israel, you are wrong. When the majoriy supports Israel, Britain supports Israel. When the majority doesnt, Britain doesnt. This is because Britain isnt the government, Britain is the publicl!!!
    i wonder what it would take for people to do something about it?

Well thats another successful threadjack by the dynamic duo.

As for the original topic the two atomic bombs dropped on japan undoubtedly shortened the war. The Japanese culture saw surrender as the ultimate shame so it took something like an atomic weapon to force them to it. Lets not forget it was the Japanese who attacked the US first and took them into the war, Admiral Yamamoto who commanded the fleet that attacked Pearl Harbour remarked, "I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant". I would say he got that pretty spot on. The treatment our prisoners received at the hands of the japanese was appalling and might I suggest that instead of feeling sorry for members of a nation who brought the atomic bomb upon themselves through their own aggresion you spare some sympathy for the ex pows and surviving servicemen who live with the brutal memories of their experience everyday as a side effect of providing the freedom we all enjoy.

For we owe them a LOT.
    Love Many .. Trust a Few .. Always Paddle your Own Canoe.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast