Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Enola Gay

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Well that was obvious from the start. You knew that you would automatically get what you were seeking. “All I wanted was to have “sensible” people who would see everything my way!” Or to put it another way, “Anybody who does not agree with me must be absolutely senseless!”
    Yes jaws, I got the response I wanted which is other peoples views on the subject matter I posted on, whether people see things my way or not doesn't come into the equation, everyone including yourself is entitled to their own train of thought and I would never try to force my opinions on anyone else and for you to think so is quite insulting. I used the term, 'sensible' posts as I thought your first two were unnecessarily vitriolic.
    You can think what you wish about Hiroshima because, by now, it serves no more purpose than fretting over John Balliol and Robert Bruce and which one should have been the rightful King of Scotland. Doing something to ansure it doesn't happen again is a worthwhile effort but simply complaining, "What terrible things were done!" in an attempt to make people feel some kind of distaste for previous generations serves no purpose at all.
    You are quite right, I can think what I wan't about hiroshima and so can you but I would disagree on your point that talking about it serves no purpose. How do we learn then if not from previous generations mistakes or successes. Pretty strange analogy you are making about hiroshima and whether john balliol or robert bruce should have been king but nevermind, that's your prerogative.
    “I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds” was the comment Robert Oppenheimer made when the first bomb was tested at Los Alamos and not about Hiroshima.
    I never implied that he said that about hiroshima.
    All the comments about what would have happened had the bombs not been used is nothing more than pure speculation.
    Of course it is speculation and won't change what happened but by remembering and discussing things we can perhaps learn from past mistakes.
    Doing something to ensure it doesn't happen again is a worthwhile effort
    Exactly.....
    Last edited by pultneytooner; 27-Jul-06 at 23:48.