Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Northern Sands

Default Northern Sands

Had a meal short ago at the Northern Sands Hotel at Dunnet. The meal was terrible as it was burnt and cold, I never thought the two could go together. I raised a polite complaint about it with the management and asked if I could be rectified and they were extremely rude and arrogant. I shall not be returning and will go to the St Clair in Castletown from now on. A much better meal, nicer surroundings and much much more obliging staff.

always been happy with my meal in the Northern sands, had the carvery once and it was excellent!
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

are you any thing to do with norseman or castletown as you are recommending both in seperate threads whilst slagging their competition? I have also been to carvery at dunnet and it was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful can't comment on other two as have never been

Quote Originally Posted by TisIivy View Post
    are you any thing to do with norseman or castletown as you are recommending both in seperate threads whilst slagging their competition? I have also been to carvery at dunnet and it was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful can't comment on other two as have never been
    My sentiment exactly,

I found the northern sands to be good

Default Meal

We are extremely sorry if anyone has had a bad experience at the hotel. Management were certainly not made aware of any problem! "Wick Lad08" If you wish to discuss any problem you had please feel free to contact me with details and we will make arrangements for you and your guests to return for a meal on the hotel! We do take any complaints very seriously and deal with them accordingly, thankfully this is not a common occurance for us.

Donald sinclair
    Proprietor

From the replys on here I don't think anyone is taking either his non recommendation or his recommendations very seriously.

Most on here are saying Northern Sands is good grub, that is good enough for me.

As for his recommendation: I hope no one will be put off going to Castletown as food there is really nice.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I am closing this thread based on the previous post by WickLad08:

I worked at the hotel
    http://forum.caithness.org/showpost....1&postcount=62