Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dick Gaughan

Default Dick Gaughan

Dick Gaughan will be appearing in Mackays Hotel on Saturday 25th September. Dick is one of Scotland's top folk artists.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Dick Gaughan is an internationally respected folk singer/songwriter and played a stormer of a concert in Mackays last night. Fiftysix people turned up!!!Local promoters are getting very disillusioned with the lack of support when class acts are in the county. Not much incentive to carry on,

For a man of Gaughan's stature, that's a pretty poor turn out. Saturday night, tae. Those who did show up, however, will have enjoyed it, I'm sure.

Saw him at Belladrum,fantastic. I was working so had to miss him.Pity about the turnout.

I bet if he'd worn a cowboy hat and billed himself as "Nashville's Dick Gaughan" the place would have been rammed.

Shame.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Aye, you could be right. Excellent music deliverd with amazing power but it would have been better if it had been packed.