Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netball

Lightbulb Netball

Was thinking of organising a netball team would anyone be intrested in joining and coaching? Where could we do it and use the nets etc..?

I'd definitely join, loved netball when I was at school!
    We could ask the local schools if there was anyway we could use their nets? Maybe with a donation or two as some bribery?
    There is a woman who works in Castletown petrol station on a Monday and a Friday, she coached me when I was at school. Could ask her, I'm sure she'd be willing to help if she had the time.

there is a feeling that some ladies in thurso would like to get something organised.
    we are trying to source a venue etc.
    anyone interested in helping out? let me know.
    cheers

Smile

Hi

It would be great if there was a ladies netball club up here. I know quite a few from Thurso that would probably come along.

I coach at a local primary, but the coaching level needed for adults is beyond my level.

I know Netball Scotland do offer coaching courses and have come up here previously to deliver courses. They are also keen to promote the sport and encourage its take up.

Let me know how you get on with the set up and if you find a time and a place, I shall defo be there.

(BTW the primary gyms are too small for 14 adults - we struggle in the winter with the kids for netball training games. We would really need the High School Games Hall)

Doodles x

Hiya, is there any news on this? I'd love to try playing netball again (I'm sure I'd be awful, but I remember it being loads of fun & it must surely help with the weight loss after 2 kids!).

l come to netball too and could pull along a few friends too!
    Were it not for hope the heart would break Scottish Proverb

Is it open to old folk! Best game ever but a bitty old now to play--was Goal Attack

Hi Everyone,
    I have been discussing this with Kenny from HC and have managed to get something kind of in place for a Monday evening hopefully to start on 1st November but I am really struggling to get someone willing to coach, or perhaps 1 / 2 people who could take turns week about at coaching, any ideas?

Thanks
    Lindsay

Woo Hoo,
    Where and what time????
    Looking forward to it!

Doodles.

Default Well done!

Sounds good girlies!
    Really hoping it will start Monday. Good work. x

wont be starting tonight, I dont have anyone to coach it, does anyone know someone who could do this even just for a couple of weeks to get us started??

Thanks
    Lindsay

Folks, I still cant find someone to teach this, I've tried a few primary teachers around the area as the primary schools do it and I've been in touch with Netball Scotland. I cant commit to leading it myself every week and I dont have the knowledge but if anyone else feels they can lead the group can you let me know and I will pass you Kenny's details as he has a venue and equipment lined up ready to go.

Thanks
    Lindsay

Default netball

its such a shame you can't fine anyone to coach this as it sounds like a brilliant idea,
    good luck

Default Set up and ready to go!!!

Hi,
    I contacted Kenny today and we are set up and ready to go.
    Thurso High School Gym 1
    6.30-7.30pm Monday nights
    50p
    Will need to be adults as we have no child protection officer.

There may not be markings in the gym, but I will put down insulation tape to at least have the 3rds marked.

I have set up a Face book group, lease feel free to join.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/home.php?sk=group_105525766185107&ap=1

We have no coach, but I am happy to go over the basic rules. Will bring 2 squidge whistles so all can take turns in refereeing.

Look forward to seeing you all there,
    Doodles x

Default Starts tomorrow!!!!

First Netball session starts tomorrow. (Monday night)
    6.30-7.30 in Thurso High, Gym 1

See you all there,
    Doodles

awww, would have loved this, but I go to Zumba on a monday night!

Default Woo hoo

Netball was very well attended tonight. 21 players! Will be on again next week. 6.30-7.30 Gym 1 Thurso High School.

Well done everyone who came to our very first meeting. It was great to see you all!
    Doodles x

still on tonight.
    Doodles x

EH or NOT!!! Cancelled- ie THS was locked up! Sorry was not informed!
    Doodles

Default netball off

just heard from the high school that due to panto being on the ladies netball will not be on this monday evening 6th of december!!!!1
    will be on the following week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast