Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rehearsal Studio – now open!

Wellllll time will tell I suppose. According to the feature in the local rag it's a largely privately-funded startup, which is good to hear. If nothing else it shows someone trying to make a serious go at it instead of just going for every available grant to fund their hobby.

As far as pricing goes, I've never had experience of paying for a dedicated rehearsal space so, selah. If he's overcharging then he'll soon know. Reaction on here seems positive though.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

between a group of people, the price is really good. it seems like a fantastic space to work in. which for us highlanders in the far north is fantastic. we live in a country where any company, government or organisation refuses to recognise that there is anything past inverness, or anything worth investing in anyway. i know thats not true for everything but 16 quid between a band is nothing. especially if the fellow who set it up is paying rent and services supplied from his own pocket. if you are looking to rehearse seriously and are there to make music and you can only afford the one hour, then you cut out the banter, get your heads down and work on the music. i think its a fantastic service, and has been needed here for long time. we have it, lets use it, appreciate it and above all support it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12