Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rehearsal Studio – now open!

Default Rehearsal Studio – now open!

Sound Design is a fully equipped rehearsal studio available for use by individuals and groups any time, day or night, 7 days a week!

Guitar and drum tuition is also available within the facility for all ages.

For more information on basic pricing and services, please check out the Sound Design website.

www.sounddesignstudios.co.uk

If you'd like to use the studio for a solo rehearsal or duet, there will be a significant reduction on the group rate listed so please contact me for a quote either by email: sound-design@live.com or call 07510017169.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Brilliant! Looks like a great facility, the prices seem OK and I like your discount for the small and smellies! I may be in touch sometime, that's if I can find anyone who wants to be in ma band...
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Thanks Tubthumper, I'll look forward to hearing from you in the future

Congratulations and good luck! It takes a lot of work and research to start a new business and there can be many hold-ups along the way - health & safety, insurance, testing equipment etc., but well done, you got there and it looks good and I'm sure you will be busy soon with bookings. A great space for music makers in Caithness!

Website looks as good as the space does.
    Well done mate.
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Looks great! Good luck with the business.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

The place looks really good. Hope it does as well as it deserves.
    Thanks for the grand tour. Dave

yup, place looks really good.

good luck.

Thumbs up Gift Vouchers....

Good to hear you are going to produce gift vouchers; an answer to Christmas present problems for the teenager who has everything!

£16 an hour? For a rehearsal room? Stroll on, thief.

Way out of line there Pepsi, this is not some chancer looking to get rich, A young local musician has seen the lack of facilities here; taken the risk of renting and converting dedicated premises, which thanks to the planners took months.
    The last thing he deserves or needs is someone rubbishing those efforts when he charges a rate (reduced for U18s) that reflects the rent, set up and running costs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    And what were you paying in Edinburgh. £15 an hour for a small poorly equipped space I believe. Back off Barry, you are out of line.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

If this is a success Barry Gordon will be writing an article on Hi-Arts in a year's time.

Oh the irony.
    Week will inherit the earth.....

Have to comment that I think this is well out of order to. What do you get for £16 an hour these days? If you were in a 4 piece band and used 2.5 hours of rehearsal time, it would cost each band member £10 each. Like to see how far that would go in the pub (as a non-musical example!) Rehearsal space has always been one of the main issues in any band I've been in the past. You get to use the house PA system and equipment to. This new venture shoud be encouraged shurely?
    Last edited by Deemac; 18-Sep-10 at 17:30.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Luckily all other messages are of encouragement and congratulations! It is inherent in journalists that they go against the trend. If we were downing Sound Design he would be writing about how we should be encouraging local entrepeneurs in a business that is dear to the hearts of a lot of young and not so young folks in Caithness.

Come on Barry, show your support; you know you want to!

Wee Rob, you've got it in one!

Stroll on, thief.
    Beat it, tchyoub!
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Best of luck with the business Sound Design. Looks a great facility too. Hope it is a success and that the community makes good use of it (especially after reading so many posts about the lack of rehearsal space).
    £16 an hour equates to £4 per person in a 4-piece band. Less than minimum wage? Even better rate for U18s.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaig View Post
    It is inherent in journalists that they go against the trend. If we were downing Sound Design he would be writing about how we should be encouraging local entrepeneurs in a business that is dear to the hearts of a lot of young and not so young folks in Caithness.
    :
    This wouldn't be the same journalist who started another thread, would it?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=119445

which criticised a lack of support for an event which, following the thread, seemed to be poorly organised/advertised.

But then, any journalist worth his salt would have known all of these facts before commenting, sϋrement?

Caz

I think Pepsi's contrarian streak is well known.. I wonder if he sees himself as an agent provacateur of sorts??

He's probably the person on the forum I would most like to meet. Firstly as I think we've got lots in common, and secondly I want to know what his problem is.
    Week will inherit the earth.....

I think it's not a bad price for an ensemble to pay for. Seems like a well-equipped place. I think those of us who are lucky enough to have our own space in which to make music are in the minority so good luck to him.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

I suppose I should apologise, but I won't. £16 is a rip-off. What others do with their money, however, is up to them. Best o' luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast