Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: loft insulation

Default loft insulation

hi can any one tell me how to go about getting loft insulation for an eldery person all the companies we tried said they dont cover the caithness area ,any help would be much appreciated hanks

Donald Pollard from Pollard Mortgage Shop did mine last autumn - they were the official local installers at the time. Don't think I got the best grant but that's because they come and go so it's a lottery. Was possible in the past to get it free but think things are tighter now. Also depends on age. Worth asking though.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Go and ask CAB, I am sure they could advise you on this

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Have a look in your next utility bill. I called the number on a leaflet that came with our electricity statement and got my Dad's loft done for free. A guy came to survey the existing insulation and a van came to fit top-up insulation about a month later. Good tidy job and they cleaned up after themselves too!

Try this - from Highland Council website

To find out more about the benefits of the scheme, and what to do next, visit www.homeinsulationscheme.co.uk You can also call free from a landline on 0800 512 012 to talk to an energy advisor at your local Energy Saving Scotland advice centre, or from a mobile on 0300 456 2655 to be charged at your local network rate.

Smile Loft Insulation

Got ours done in April and it didn't cost us a thing. The firm was Miller Pattison, and it was done through the HIS Scotland Scheme. Couple from the Black Isle came and did the survey and then the above firm came and installed the insulation. Biggest hassle was emptying the attic. Quick service, no mess - they take all the wrappings away, and two very pleasant young men who worked like little trojans. Not sure how long this scheme lasts for but the number for Miller Pattison is 01324 638414. Saw their van in thurso just a week ago so can only assume that the scheme is still going. Hope this helps

hi all many thanks for your help,phone numbers contacts eg never entered my mnd the citizens advice thanks your a great bunch take care