Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Bumps and Babies Group for Thurso

Thumbs up New Bumps and Babies Group for Thurso

Bumps and Babies is a new mum and baby group run by the North Highland Breastfeeding Peer Supporters. As the name suggests, pregnant mums are especially welcome to attend regularly during their pregnancy and find out what life is going to be like as a breastfeeding mum. Mum-to-mum support is the main aim of the group, along with plenty of chat and coffee!

You can be sure there will always be a couple of peer supporters attending the group to offer information and support.

Thurso Free Church Hall (opposite the swimming pool)
    Every Tuesday 2pm

You can also find us in the 'Social Groups' and 'What's On' sections
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default New group

Hi

Is the group on this week, i have been breastfeeding for 3 months now and could do with some advice as i'm starting to struggle with it.

Thanks

Fee

Default bumps group

Hi, I have an older child aged 3 is it okay to take her along?
    is it like a toddler group or a discussion group?,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fee View Post
    Hi

Is the group on this week, i have been breastfeeding for 3 months now and could do with some advice as i'm starting to struggle with it.

Thanks

Fee
    Hi Fee, yes the group officially starts this week (tomorrow from 2 - 3pm), there will be plenty of support and/or advice on offer from one of our Breastfeeding Peer Support Volunteers and a cuppa, we look forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    Hi, I have an older child aged 3 is it okay to take her along?
    is it like a toddler group or a discussion group?,
    Thanks
    Hi Mushroom, of course it's ok to bring your 3 year old along! We are more of a mum-to-mum support group but expect lots of discussion on other topics as well, and I'm sure other mums and mums-to-be will be bringing their wee ones along too.

Oh..
    I have 3 kids and breastfed all of them, still feeding Euan but he has started BITING and all the things I tried with the girls isnt working is there someone there who can help?
    I might pop through for it if so!
    But I will have too take all 3 with me not just Euan who is one causing the problems.
    So im just a bit worried about coming to the group.
    I can help with other questions though!
    Last edited by Dadie; 23-Aug-10 at 11:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Oh..
    I have 3 kids and breastfed all of them, still feeding Euan but he has started BITING and all the things I tried with the girls isnt working is there someone there who can help?
    I might pop through for it if so!
    But I will have too take all 3 with me not just Euan who is one causing the problems.
    So im just a bit worried about coming to the group.
    I can help with other questions though!
    We will also be starting a group in Wick so will keep you posted Dadie, we certainly wouldn't mind you taking all 3 of your children to the group so no need to worry. I will get some info/advice re biting and send you a PM.

I have tried most things.
    From no reaction to tapping on the nose to using a finger to break the suction and putting him on the floor.

Once im up and on my feet in a few weeks i think i will come along. I struggled with Athrun as you know Julia, so support would be great!

I do have a friend who i can call at anytime aswell so i feel well supported this time already

Hope to see you all soon x
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default Wick Breastfeeding Group

We also have a group available here in Wick

It's held in Caithness General Hospital in the Henderson Wing

Wednesdays, from 12 - 1pm

The atmosphere is very informal, just mums chatting over coffee and biscuits. Its a great chance to ask for advice from other mums who have experience of breastfeeding, from night-feeds, moving onto solids, expressing milk, returning to work or travelling with a breastfed baby. Midwives are usually available if you want to ask for advice from a health professional.

Our group has been very quiet of late but here's hoping to see some new faces on Wednesday!

Didnt get through....well not strictly true...Euan was sleeping in the buggy and I didnt want to wake him to take him out the buggy to come in!
    Bit of a pest the no buggies in the maternity ward rule!