Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budge of Caithness

Default budges of latheron

Hi Trinkie
    we have been in contact before when you sent me some pictures of the station hotel.
    i have an elizabeth Budge inmy tree. she married alexander bruce on 16th feb 1849.
    she had three children 2 girls and 1 boy, john.
    she died 1855 and he grave is in the old cemetary
    i have not explored that side of the family as i have been following the bruce and sutherland line.
    but i have a cousin who has more information if it is any help
    magstar

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    Rosemary
    Do you have anything on the parents of Henry budge born 1744 in Watten
    Father John Budge, mother Kaithrin Polson. Married 24.6.1733. John lived at North Dunn and Kaithrin came from Clayag. Henry was born at North Dunn. The Parish register records at Watten starts about 1714, not early enought for JOhn and Kaithrin's briths to be registered.

Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by ziljin View Post
    I have traced my budge family back to Dunnet.

James Budge born 1758, his wife Magaret Calder Born 1760, son Alexander born 1789, married Christina Mackay born ?, their son James born 1812, his wife Jane Traill Murray born 1819, their son Alexander born 1838,married Willamina Hastings born 1859, their son John Sinclair Budge born 1894, married Jane Campbell born 1895, then me william budge born 1928.

other names that appear on the tree are Lourie, Waiter, Brotchie, jackson. all from Dunnet.

I will be visiting Dunnet around easter bank holiday and hope to meet some of the Budge clan and find more info regarding the ancestors.

Regards
    Willie Budge
    I can give you the family of Christian Mackay as her brother John married Elizabeth Budge , grand daughter of James Budge and Violet Manson. who are my 4x ggrand parents. Happy to share information.

Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by fja View Post
    Hi Rosemary
    I think we have coresponded before way back in 2003. At that time I hadn't done as much work on my 'Family'. I have 2 James Budges as 4th G Grandparents so thats an awful lot of Budges to sort out lol. Catherine Budge 1781-1859 married David Sutherland. On her DC it states James Budge & Violet Manson as her parents. Catherine & David's son James married Margaret Budge and her parents were James Budge & Margaret Calder.
    You can mail me direct at fandgandersonATaol.com if you would like to swap info
    Cheers
    Fiona
    Fiona, I have sent you a private message as I have a problem with your email address.

Rosemary

Question Another Budge

May I throw another Budge into the mix? My g.g.g.grandmother was Catherine Budge b. abt. 1787 in Occumster, d. 20 Feb 1861. Her parents were James Budge and Margaret Budge, m.s. Budge. I am stumped and would appreciate any light anyone can shed on this part of my family. Thanks!
    Cactus Flower

Default BUDGE at Dunnet

Quote Originally Posted by ziljin View Post
    I have traced my budge family back to Dunnet.

James Budge born 1758, his wife Magaret Calder Born 1760, son Alexander born 1789, married Christina Mackay born ?, their son James born 1812, his wife Jane Traill Murray born 1819, their son Alexander born 1838,married Willamina Hastings born 1859, their son John Sinclair Budge born 1894, married Jane Campbell born 1895, then me william budge born 1928.

other names that appear on the tree are Lourie, Waiter, Brotchie, jackson. all from Dunnet.

I will be visiting Dunnet around easter bank holiday and hope to meet some of the Budge clan and find more info regarding the ancestors.

Regards
    Willie Budge
    Alexander Budge, Master Mariner (1789-1839) and Christian Mackay (1788-1871) were my ancestors too. I am descended from their daughter Christian born Dunnet 1815 who married George Nicholson. For your James Budge (1812-1892) and Jane Traill Murray (1820-1894) I have 4 children: Alexander (1838-), Janet (1840-1913) who married John Sinclair, Master Mariner (1841-1880 drowned at Dantzig, Germany) - 5 children, Christina (1843-1936) who married Sinclair Gunn - 10 children, and Jane (1845-).

Hi Catalina
    Alexander Budge & Christian mckay are also my 3rd G Grandparents. My line is through Margaret 1818 - 1891 who wed James Sutherland. I also have info on their parents.

Fiona

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12