Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty Rat at Tescos Wick

Default Police!!! waste of time

A similar thing happened to me at the doctors, while inside a woman reversed denting my bumper, witnesses saw it, gave police details, had to chase it up later with them, told me she didnt know she had hit me so nothing can be done. So if anyone is unlucky enough to dent someones car just tell the police you didnt know you did it, get off clean. Sounds to me that its too much like hard work to do the paperwork.

'iss whole thried is a bit 'cloak an dagger'
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by trix View Post
    'iss whole thried is a bit 'cloak an dagger'
    Funny im finding this with alot of threads on here just now!
    What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.....

I got a cloak but no one trusts me with a dagger.

I'm sure I don't know why
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I got a cloak but no one trusts me with a dagger.

I'm sure I don't know why
    maybe cos yer female, wi hormones. throw in a dagger? - could be very dangerous....
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Pity you dont have the brain to suit the mouth. The disclaimer you refer to is that Tesco's will not be held responsible if your car is damaged by a customer on their property .The owner of the vehicle is wholly responsible if his/her vehicle damages a stationery vehicle or his passengers damage another vehicle whilst exiting or entering his vehicle (moving or stationery).
    So the driver would/could be charged and the passenger would/could be charged .The driver would also come under the fleeing the scene of an accident with intent ...(this one insurance companies hate and would get you a policy forfeture)
    If you damage someones car and you do a runner then get caught ,if the owner of the vehicle wants to push it and has the knowledge you could well lose your licence and find it impossible to get insurance ..Reminder all your details are on computer ,just push a few buttons and it can cause a lifetime of regret.
    Its just a pity that the folk who damaged my car ain't got the guts to own up ..I'm sure their insurance company will be having a word once the claim lands on their desk ..
    I thought that reply was more in response to the mention of trollies than your situation, I could be wrong. Either way I've been waiting on tenterhooks for you to name and shame. Lol, j/k, hope the police do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    I have had 3 incidents of damage to my car while it has been parked. The police always promise lots of action but this is just to get you out of the station. They will phone as soon as you get home to say they have changed their mind, e.g. no longer coming round to check car for prints or don't need to inspect the damage. A follow-up call 2 weeks later will inform you that there is nothing else they can do.

Report it to keep your insurers happy but don't go to the police with high expectations, you'll just end up as disappointed as the rest of us.
    Police coming out "..to check car for prints.." following a RTA
    What decade of the early 1900's did these incidents occur?
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Police coming out "..to check car for prints.." following a RTA
    What decade of the early 1900's did these incidents occur?
    That was 11 months ago. Someone tried (and failed) to make off with my car stereo while it was parked in Thurso, so not actually a RTA that one. PC who took my statement was very keen to get car dusted for prints and would come to my house to do it within the hour, something about high chance of prints being detected due to "locus of crime being inside the vehicle". But then he called to say he would not be coming.

I'm sick of having my car dented in Tesco car park. I now park over a white line to make sure I'm far enough away so that an inconsiderately opened door doesn't take lumps out of the side of my car.

best thing buy a banger
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Default Dirty rat at Tesco Wick

Correct me if I'm wrong. If the accident happened of private land it is a civil matter. The best you can expect from the Police is the name and address of the registered owner of the other vehicle.

maybe 'e polis could go til 'e door o' 'e suspect, an' do some detective work on their car. see if there are any suspicious markin's which wid indicate that a crime may hev taken place....

or ye could choost go an punch their heids in - if it wis a male obviously. if it wis a woman, then time til call in a favour fie yer sister, female friend etc...

i am o' course jokin....but as i said in a recent thried, there is more than one way til skin a cat
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by Joboco View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. If the accident happened of private land it is a civil matter. The best you can expect from the Police is the name and address of the registered owner of the other vehicle.
    Yes I will correct you
    Tesco's carpark is classified as a road in relation to road traffic law so it is still a road traffic accident.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 30-Aug-10 at 00:09.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by lesley_mac View Post
    hi its a shame u never read the small print if u enter the car park its at ur own risk lol
    If you are refering to my post, I would reply by saying it is a shame you never read the perfectly normal size print in my post, where I never said I blamed Tesco for damage caused by trollies, but other inconsiderate cars owners. Just because they leave the premises after abandoning their trolley, does not mean that next time they park their someone elses abandoned trolley will not bash into them. It is a very small thing to park your trolley properly after using it. It shows consideration for others. And, personally, I don't think it is something to laugh at. But then I am not 20 anymore and had to work hard for everything I call mine.
    Last edited by _Ju_; 30-Aug-10 at 07:57.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Im one of those inconsiderate drivers who take up 2 bays if I cannot get a child bay at any shopping area.
    I found it impossible to open my car doors on numerous occassions with cars parked hard in beside my car and now deliberately park badly over the white line so that I can have space either side of the car to get the kids in their carseats.
    Im blonde so people must think I cannot park the car
    But the council gritter who dented our car at christmas time outside our house and didnt own up got away with it because the council decided it was the wrong yellow...think not!

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    New light coloured car within 5miles of wick

i'll leave you to name and shame.
    did you ever find out if it was the car that hit my dog?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Default Dozy

It does not matter the person that did the damage should come forward i think its a disgrace how they could drive away i dont blame you for being mad if you got the proof nail them dirty rats

OK the time now is 20.10hrs and that is over 1 hour past your deadline.

So have you done anything? Like phoned the police? Or has this whole exercise been for for nothing?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    did you ever find out if it was the car that hit my dog?
    It wasn't it,the car i had to repair was scuffed due to banging into a wall,sorry

Quote Originally Posted by upolian View Post
    It wasn't it,the car i had to repair was scuffed due to banging into a wall,sorry
    no probs, was only a stab in the dark really!
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12