Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a big lump on my gum - help!!

Default I have a big lump on my gum - help!!

I thought I felt something swollen in my mouth and just looked and theres a huge lump bulging on my gum and my face looks swollen. What is it? I've never had this before. I have had teethache but can't get an appointment.
    Blonde is a hair colour, not a personality trait (Unless you're half the users on this board...)

Go to the doctor !

Default toothache

it sounds to me like you have a absess,is it really sore when you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by ibrox1690
    it sounds to me like you have a absess,is it really sore when you eat.
    Sounds like that to me aswell.

Get to the dentist or doctor for some antibiotics, it will only get worse if not.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

yes get it seen to i had it face like a football and the pain unbelievable had to wait three days to see the dentist and the another 24 hr for the antibiotic to work .

It does hurt when I eat. I will have to go to the doctors because it does hurt a lot. It shows how bad it's gotten when I've got an abcess now. I just couldn't get an appointment.
    Blonde is a hair colour, not a personality trait (Unless you're half the users on this board...)

My cat had an abcess on her gum, when I gave her the antibiotics, it burst through her cheek, the smell was unbelievable, enough to make you sick..YUK!!

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    My cat had an abcess on her gum, when I gave her the antibiotics, it burst through her cheek, the smell was unbelievable, enough to make you sick..YUK!!
    Thanks for the mental polaroid, connie.
    Last edited by pultneytooner; 11-Jul-06 at 13:43.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    it wasn't just the smell, it was the thick yellow sstuff that came out of it, it was horrible!! She was ill for days though but as soon as it burst you could tell how relieved she was..

Are his cheeks wiggling on your pc?

Lol, les hope you dont get a big boil on the bum for laughing..lol

Rockchick, could you swap your G for a B.

Rockchick, could you swap your G for a B.
    It probably is, but she was just too shy to say..lol

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    I hope mine doesn't burst! But I'd probably be relieved if it did. It's disgusting having this. And I definitely wouldn't swap my G for a B! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RockChick84
    I thought I felt something swollen in my mouth and just looked and theres a huge lump bulging on my gum and my face looks swollen. What is it? I've never had this before. I have had teethache but can't get an appointment.
    All above advice ok but also, rinse mouth out with salt water (don't overdo the salt!!), place a hot water bottle/heat pad on face closest to lump (don't burn yourself!!), use tincture of myrrh (from chemists) dabbed gently on affected area with QTip.
    James.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Another thing that works is get a cotton bud and dab it in t.c.p and gentle apply to mouth taste yuk but helps .

Its definitely an abscess,had one masel'.The pain is something,but when it bursts the taste is very.....rough!!Use a bit o' mouthwash and ye'll be alright.Yer food will taste....rough... for a few days though.Sorry if I sound morbid,but only sharing wit I went through!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

When I was at sea, a sailor had an abcess and I had to help the dentist, who had come out to the ship, to slit the patients gum and drain the abcess into a bowl. Not a task I would like to repeat, there was tons of stuff.

I had similar problems a few weeks back after having my wisdom teeth out. All went fine then 2 weeks later my teeth started to hurt.

Went back to dentist they blamed it on TMJ and charged me £185 for treatment.

Then 2 days after that my face swelled right up went back to dentist and they said it was an absses and rushed me to hull hospital as it was starting to block my airway and i could only open my mouth wide enought to fit 1 finger in it.

Turned out to be an infected blood clot and had to get operated on.

Its been 3 weeks since its all been sorted still cant eat on the side were the blood clot was as fells to weird and also my face is still abit swollen.

But apart from that im in no pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast