Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Big cat

Default Big cat

I saw a big cat last night about 9:30pm while driving down from Strath to the main road near Watten. It was one of those "goodness what on earth is that?" moments. It watched us come towards it at the side of the road then lazily walked across and into the bushes.

I'm guessing Scottish Wild Cat however it seemed way too big. It had striped markings and a big long heavy looking tail. It was well built and muscular. Its movement looked "big cat" but I guess that's my imagination running riot!

It's probably hard to judge size at night however 5 minutes later in Watten I saw another cat at a similar distance and it just looked tiny in comparison yet was a normal size pet cat. I'm guessing the Strath one is just an unusually large Scottish Wild Cat. It was wonderful to see it either way.

Next it was on to the road to Gillock where I saw a litter of black kittens running about, then the cutest grey and white kitten at Bilbster.

Night of the cats!

Default Cat

We saw a cat on the way out of Gillock yesterday afternoon, but didn't get a good enough look at it to see if it was a wild cat. It was a long way from any property.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.