Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Thats Just Not Going To Happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    The drug business on a worldwide level turns over an incredible ammount of money which, of course, gives much power to the gangs who make the profit. To the point, some believe, that they can take over governments. This sort of wealth gives the gangs a vested interest in keeping drugs illegal. Legalise all drugs accross the board and the criminals will no longer be able to generate these vast profits.
    If this legalisation were to happen the drugs would be under direct government control and the initiative would be in government hands to educate the public and do everything to stop the use of addictive and dangerous substances instead of being in the hands of people who actively push these substances to increase sales.
    California, I believe is on the verge of legalising cannabis and Mexico is looking for alternatives to the present status quo. Blanket legalisation could well put a stop to the ongoing violence in Mexico.
    Most true experts in the field are now stating, not that we are losing the drug war, but indeed that we have lost it. The home office, of course, states that we will never have legalisation as cocaine, heroin and cannabis are causing chaos across the country. To class heroin and cocaine along with cannabis is insane. the only thing in common between the three is the fact that they are illegal.
    Of course we have a housewife as Home Secretary how obviously believes the stories that we have been misinformed with for many years.
    If any improvement is to be made then a completely new and honest assesment must be made as the problem is escalating with every day that passes.
    Yep spot on, home office scientific advisers have been having considerable difficulty upholding the "party line" hence their resignations. To have an open and honest policy debate would mean comming clean on populist myths peddled by the mass media circus and "partially /wholly" endorsed by politicians, seeking the populist "basildon man" vote . The situation is so grave that the debate has to be above party politics, which Im afraid is why this will not happen ! A circular arguement in fact

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Yep spot on, home office scientific advisers have been having considerable difficulty upholding the "party line" hence their resignations. To have an open and honest policy debate would mean comming clean on populist myths peddled by the mass media circus and "partially /wholly" endorsed by politicians, seeking the populist "basildon man" vote . The situation is so grave that the debate has to be above party politics, which Im afraid is why this will not happen ! A circular arguement in fact
    Well said and completely true. But, by God, if we've ever had a drug problem' we certainly have one now.

California, I believe is on the verge of legalising cannabis and Mexico is looking for alternatives to the present status quo. Blanket legalisation could well put a stop to the ongoing violence in Mexico.
    Most true experts in the field are now stating, not that we are losing the drug war, but indeed that we have lost it.
    California vote on it in November -- I hope it passes and other states follow suit. The war on drugs was lost many moons ago and the money and resources used to fight a lost battle should be put to better use.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    California vote on it in November -- I hope it passes and other states follow suit. The war on drugs was lost many moons ago and the money and resources used to fight a lost battle should be put to better use.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that it was the legalisation of cannabis that was going to the vote. Cannabis is the drug of least consequence and harm but its legalisation will, in fact, do little to ease the scourge of the Class A's and chemicals.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that it was the legalisation of cannabis that was going to the vote. Cannabis is the drug of least consequence and harm but its legalisation will, in fact, do little to ease the scourge of the Class A's and chemicals.

Right, just cannabis, but if it passes it will be a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I thought this was quite fitting for the thread:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-11054730

To summarise it's a story about 4 men who were mutilated & murdered before being hung from a bridge as a warning to others about which cartel to support in a drugs cartel war.

This gives an insight into things on a different level:
    "The Beltran Leyva organisation is believed to have the most sophisticated intelligence of any of the Mexican drug cartels, and controls firms involved in, among others, transportation, electronics, health products and hospitality."

Mexico is in the top ten of most dangerous plaes to visit.

The brutal ruthless drug cartels haev turned the area into a battlefield vying for control.

Students are becoing part of the Mexican drug cartels and some pay for it with there lives.

I noticed a sign for Acupolco when I clicked the link kidnapping, lucrattive crime and scams by transit police.

They target rich Americans pull them over even although they have done nothing wrong threaten the tourists
    and then the "officers" rob them.

Could be worse as sometimes you will get beaten up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJsmr0suhl0
    Last edited by pegasus; 23-Aug-10 at 20:32.

Folk say that all heroin users start off on cannabis, which to me, is the same as saying all motorists start off with a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Folk say that all heroin users start off on cannabis, which to me, is the same as saying all motorists start off with a bicycle.
    Or on two feet.

Or on two feet.
    or by being born

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Mexico is in the top ten of most dangerous plaes to visit.

The brutal ruthless drug cartels haev turned the area into a battlefield vying for control.

Students are becoing part of the Mexican drug cartels and some pay for it with there lives.

I noticed a sign for Acupolco when I clicked the link kidnapping, lucrattive crime and scams by transit police.

They target rich Americans pull them over even although they have done nothing wrong threaten the tourists
    and then the "officers" rob them.

Could be worse as sometimes you will get beaten up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJsmr0suhl0
    Sounds like wick jk It's nice here.
    Renovating and Plumbing work
    Good rates
    07921 193353

Quote Originally Posted by mrlennie View Post
    Sounds like wick
    hahaha

didnt they have a sort of war over a orange?

Latest expert opinion.
    http://news.aol.co.uk/stigma-issues-...91522761007525
    Very much reflected on this forum.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456