Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thats Just Not Going To Happen!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

As I have just said it wont end, especially if we have lily livered tree huggers running the country (God forbid)....Thanks for the link, its just reminded me never to vote for the Greens,,,What a load of ......(insert your own word)...

[quote=Gleber2;748033]At this point in time there are large numbers of young people walking arround in a very paranoid state after using the latest cheap legal high called MDVP quote]

The gadgey that owns a headshop here is 50 years of age and tries every legal high himself before selling it and even he wont sell that stuff.

If, Alcohol and Nicotine are evil, (and I agree they are). Where is the logic in legalising even more, evil drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    As I have just said it wont end, especially if we have lily livered tree huggers running the country (God forbid)....Thanks for the link, its just reminded me never to vote for the Greens,,,What a load of ......(insert your own word)...

I once thought the same as a former police officer.

You can only deride the Green party policy upon past evidence that it hasn't worked. It is a fresh approach to the drugs problem and it can't be any worse that on present evidence, the present policy of criminalising drug offenders and intercepting the illegal drugs trade has largely been ineffective.

From a personal opinion, I'm not worried about someone who indulges themselves to death, that is their choice though they should be educated of the dangers. What worries me is people breaking into houses in order to steal to feed a drug habit that is out of control. I'm not aware that it is a big concern that drunks are breaking into houses so that they can keep drinking their White lightening.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    If, Alcohol and Nicotine are evil, (and I agree they are). Where is the logic in legalising even more, evil drugs?
    What is most important is to get people to stop taking drugs or have a safe environment in order for them to take drugs responsibly and safely so they know exactly what they are taking and what the risks are.

Drink and tobacco aren't evil and neither are drugs. The people who get others hooked or encourage others to indulge in drugs inappropriately which may be extortionately priced or mixed with toxic substances are inherently evil.

Making something illegal won't affect availability, prohibition in the USA should be enough evidence for that. By decriminalising drugs, you take the sale of them away from gangs who exist by pushing drugs onto others by explicit means to a lawful passive mode of sale.

Just my 2p, suck on it.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 15-Aug-10 at 19:11.

If you have a law that lots of people break, like burglary for instance or drink driving or rape or paedophilia. Do you repeal the law? Or do you improve the detection and prosecution of offenders?

If you have a law that lots of people break, like burglary for instance or drink driving or rape or paedophilia. Do you repeal the law? Or do you improve the detection and prosecution of offenders?
    But then those offences are committed against other persons. Murdering another person should be illegal obviously, murdering yourself is called suicide which isn't illegal. So I can understand why it should be illegal to administer drugs to a person against their will so why should it be illegal to take drugs yourself and almost kill yourself in the process, not because you are killing yourself but simply because the particular drugs in question are illegal to possess? Seems silly if you look at it outside the box.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 15-Aug-10 at 20:08.

diamorphine? really?! herorin? im pretty sure thats what they gave me when i was in labour with my first child..
    http://itqueries.com/

You were in Inverness.
    Better drugs there
    I only got pethidine!

they wanted to keep me from screaming any more! two shots of diamorphine gas and air.. and at 9 cm finally got my epidural!
    http://itqueries.com/

Damn!
    They nearly didnt give me pethidene with Euan.....It only kicked in afterwards...but it was good!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    But then those offences are committed against other persons. Murdering another person should be illegal obviously, murdering yourself is called suicide which isn't illegal. So I can understand why it should be illegal to administer drugs to a person against their will so why should it be illegal to take drugs yourself and almost kill yourself in the process, not because you are killing yourself but simply because the particular drugs in question are illegal to possess? Seems silly if you look at it outside the box.
    Not really, The crimes stack up don't they? It is a crime in the country of origin to grow and or manufacture the stuff. It is a crime to sell it (anywhere in the world) it is a crime to export it. It is a crime to transport it. It is a crime to smuggle it into the UK. It is a crime to sell it wholesale. It is a crime to sell it retail. It is a crime to buy it. How can you then make it legal to take it?

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    diamorphine? really?! herorin? im pretty sure thats what they gave me when i was in labour with my first child..
    You are probably right Queen Vics hubby was well informed about anaestesia (sp) and Quen Vic was given opium during labour.

She also took cannibis for end of the month muscle spasms.
    She took morphine on a regular basis.

Between 1830 and 1831 18,956 chests of traficked opium which earned millions of dollars and part of the profits went to Queen Vic and the British Goverment.

Drug adiction was endemic in costal cities.
    Therefore Queen Vic dealt with drugs in other words was a drug dealer.

Interseting link to read .....

http://www.novavidarecovery.com/Heroin.pdf
    Last edited by pegasus; 15-Aug-10 at 23:06.

diamorphine (sp) is regulary given in labour as well as pethadine (which is all you get in Caithness) as it is seen as a once off thing to control the pain and any expectant mother needing that level of pain relief is wanting something fast reacting... NOW is too late!

Not really, The crimes stack up don't they? It is a crime in the country of origin to grow and or manufacture the stuff. It is a crime to sell it (anywhere in the world) it is a crime to export it. It is a crime to transport it. It is a crime to smuggle it into the UK. It is a crime to sell it wholesale. It is a crime to sell it retail. It is a crime to buy it. How can you then make it legal to take it?
    Not really? It is still illegal to kill yourself?

The crimes stack up? Crimes against who? Which crime of those you mentioned actually harm another person either physically or financially apart from the person taking the drug?

The only injured person is the State......but only by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    diamorphine (sp) is regulary given in labour as well as pethadine (which is all you get in Caithness) as it is seen as a once off thing to control the pain and any expectant mother needing that level of pain relief is wanting something fast reacting... NOW is too late!
    Would not know which is which but have just foun this.

Diamorphine is heroin.

Pethidine is a painkilling drug. It is also an anti-spasmodic which means that it helps you relax. It's an opiate drug (derived from the opium or poppy plant) so it's rather similar to morphine - in fact, it is a synthetic version of morphine.
    Last edited by pegasus; 16-Aug-10 at 00:13.

Where do we draw the line?

I don't have an issue with anyone doing their own thing, within their own premises, with their own money that does not harm another person in any way nor has any burden on the UK taxpayer.

(Now I know that is a definite statement with broad and diverse responses before anyone fires back.)

Generally speaking I have no issue with cannabis users, I don't really have an issue with heroin users in principle.
    But, it is illegal isn't it.

There is a fortune spent on cameras, polis, civvy nazis in battenburg vans etc. to catch me out on the very rare occasion I have a lapse of concentration whilst driving and my speed creeps up to 65 on a 60.

But hey, if yer a smack head there is no end of help at the taxpayers expense!

I dont know whether legalising drugs will make things better or worse but i tend to think that it will make a positive difference because keeping them illegal is not making any difference at all. I do know that until politicians have a full and frank discussion about legalisation and are prepared to look at it as an option then we are on a hiding to nothing. Currently none of the major parties are prepared even to consider it and that seems to me to be a bit stupid. If carefully conducted research shows it might reduce crime and enable the government to secure income from it then lets at least give it a go. This refusal to examine the options is blinkered to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Not really? It is still illegal to kill yourself?

The crimes stack up? Crimes against who? Which crime of those you mentioned actually harm another person either physically or financially apart from the person taking the drug?

The only injured person is the State......but only by choice.
    WHAT?? Have you never heard of organised crime?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast