Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: tablet still soft!!

Default tablet still soft!!

Hi, can anyone help, I made tablet this morning ( 9am) an its still not set, do We have to wait longer or can I re whisk it, or just eat with a spoon!!!!
    Thanks Suzy

Just eat it with a spoon...or pour ontop of icecream.
    You either didnt get it up to temperature or didnt beat it enough or both!
    Its not worth trying to get it up to temp and trying again as it will probably burn to the backside of the pan

Default fudge

Aww well, its Ice cream for after tea tonight then.. mm might try and warming it up and pouring it on, and there's enought ingredients to try again tomorrow. thanks for the info.
    Suzy

You haven't boiled it long enough I think but you could put it back in pot with a little butter and melt slowly then boil rapidly for a few minutes.Test iy on a saucer of water and try beating it with elaectric whisk. Failing thta eat with spoon but very sickly when so soft!! Good Luck

Get a cooking thermometer - will same you money in the long term. Cost £4.50 - lasts for years.

If you dont let the sugar dissolve slowly it goes grainy as well!
    It also needs beaten when you take it off the heat until your arm feels like its going to fall off!
    But for a variation when beating add some chopped up chocolate and continue beating ..the heat in the mix will melt the chocolate through it!
    Yum