Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: keiss garage / undersealing

Default keiss garage / undersealing

need your vehicle undersealed ? we offer undersealing using top quality waxoil sealant doesnt dry or crack with age protects body work, chassis, brake pipes , fuel lines etc can be done while you wait and inspected by yourself while car is on ramp, fast friendly service tel 01955 631343 for an appointment

Can you tell me how much to get an small car done?

hi ther it £50 for a small car

Default Waxoil

Do you also do the prep on the car before this is done like pressure washing?

Default waxoil

hi if your car truck etc is caked in mud there will be an extra charge other wise all prep is included if car has slight corrosion we will scrape clean as much as poss please note if the underneath of vehicle looks like its been in the harbour for six months i will advise against getting it done as you would be wasting your money ! the underseal we use is one of the best if not the best you can buy but cannot work miracles, if in doubt give us a shout no fee for having a look!!

Default car

Ok thats great, the car is rarely out of the garage so won't be muddy. Possibly a bit dry underneath if any, its 21 yr old and solid although it will need a scrape. Its in the process of being MOTd just now so I will get in touch once its on the road again. I would certainly consider having this done then, in the meantime thanks for your help

Many years ago you used to use to spray on your old engine oil underneath your car to protect it from rust you never here of that now.
    If your car needs welding every year undearseal is a pain?

Default waxoil

if car needs welding every year its probably time to get rid / spraying old oil is not good as it has carsagenic propertys / bad for the enviroment and has additives that can slowly strip paint and old underseal off

Quote Originally Posted by kimint View Post
    if car needs welding every year its probably time to get rid / spraying old oil is not good as it has carsagenic propertys / bad for the enviroment and has additives that can slowly strip paint and old underseal off
    It was common practice in the eightys spraying burnt oil on the underneath of the car but back then cars were bad for rusting and welding cars up for mot was common then.
    So if that underseal does what it says on the packet does it come with a guarantee that it will protect the underneath from rust for say the length of time you have the car so if it needs welding for example u will do it free of charge?
    One of the things when dealing with used oil of any kind you have to get into the habit of using gloves when dealing with any used oil the propertys in it can give you cancer if you constanly get it on your skin you wouldnt think it but it can thats why a lot of mechanics wear the surgical gloves now as well as the other reasons?
    Last edited by EDDIE; 26-Aug-10 at 09:49.

Spray-on underseal is very commonly used in off-road vehicles such as landies and it certainly protects the underneath from salt and water ingress.

But it's not a 100% guarantee against corrosion. No garage in their right mind would offer any sort of guarantee like that - or offer to weld FOC if the car goes rusty after application. It's a protection measure - and a worthwhile one. As Stuart says, applying underseal products to something that needs constantly welding won't change anything - it's already knackered. Bit like putting a band aid on a broken leg.

I've used Stuarts garage myself and can vouch for his work. And he doesn't know who I am....

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    Spray-on underseal is very commonly used in off-road vehicles such as landies and it certainly protects the underneath from salt and water ingress.

But it's not a 100% guarantee against corrosion. No garage in their right mind would offer any sort of guarantee like that - or offer to weld FOC if the car goes rusty after application. It's a protection measure - and a worthwhile one. As Stuart says, applying underseal products to something that needs constantly welding won't change anything - it's already knackered. Bit like putting a band aid on a broken leg.

I've used Stuarts garage myself and can vouch for his work. And he doesn't know who I am....
    In environment were its all off road and your landie is continually in a bad environment it might help in that case but if you look at from another point say someone buys a new car keeps it for 3 years and gets a new one there wasting there money getting it undersealed becuase it aint going rust through in that time for it to cause a big repair bill.
    I doubt very much u will see much cars even in there 5 th or 6 th year of life needin welding or even 7 th or 8 year.The chassis design and material used in modern cars are prity good
    And i do agree with you undearsealing will not 100% protect it and it can help but when you read kimint first post he doesnt say that he makes it sound if its the ultimate cure for solving rust on chassis when its not
    Another thing as well if i was undersealing a car i wouldnt cover the brake pipes and fuelines on car even although the thought process is a good idea in practice all it does is make the mot tester suspicious of why its covered on underseal and it will make him look harder and he could fail you over that and make you clean the pipes before it gets retested again if there is any doubt over the condition of a pipe it should be replaced
    Last edited by EDDIE; 26-Aug-10 at 09:50.

Default waxoil

hmm walter ego thanks for praise got me thinking who you are lol

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post

I too have used Stewart's services numerous times, even at his previous place of employment. The " Mackem " is a good technician and a dab hand with a hammer LOL.