Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ice Cold In Alex

Default Ice Cold In Alex

Charming acting, yesteryear manerisms, great story, old fashioned tension and a great ending.

Brilliant film, one of my favorite films.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The scene at the end with the ice cold beers is a classic,as is the whole film. Good from start to finish.

The K2 is the star can't beat black and white war films

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    The K2 is the star can't beat black and white war films
    Couldnt agree more,all that stiff upper lip stuff,seriously though,without the special effects of today films back then had to rely on a good compelling story line,in this case,4 people pitched against the elements with the tension building as the adventure progresses.A genuine classic.

Dont know how many times i've seen it but i could probably talk along to most of it.My wife dreads when i put TCM on..lol

...and Sylvia smoulders throughout - not just her fags either.
    This is a great film. I watched it recently with my 8 y.o. Grandchild who thorougly enjoyed it - she was gripped.
    I bought a copy on dvd and the quality was fantastic - how this movie suited monochrome. Colour would have spoiled it in my opinion.

Later, I realised I had it as a newspaper giveway , oh well, now I have two.....I'm sure the child's own collection will benefit from my oversight soon.

I have seen this film several times. The first was as a child and it seemed real to me then. I still like it.

You always did have good taste in films percy.