Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Outdoor Music BIG GIG at Dammies

Will there be a bus coming back to Wick afterwards?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa
    Thanks for that Moncur - very clear directions! Very happy it's free entry too! Hope to be there by about 6pm and we'll stay 'til the end. Will be taking my sister's German friend with us, so hope she'll enjoy it as well
    Ul miss the best bands tho!

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    We certainly havent organised any buses and currently have no plans to but if you spoke to a local bus company in Wick or Thurso there might be enough interest to get one on the go - - its hard for us to know how many may come so cant really get involved inthat side of it

BUT WE DO HOPE MANY OF YOU DO COME THRU

Cheers
    Ps Does the Dounreay shift bus still not go back to Wick or is that too late?
    Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    If you're coming from the town square:
    drive over the road bridge, go past the shell garage and altermotive motorcycles, take the left lane to head towards castletown/ groats. The dammies is the footy pitch on the immediate left after that turn so the easist place to park is on sir archibald road (left before mount pleasant primary) then theres probably space down that way to park near riverside garage or at the end of the road.

Free entry - woohoo!
    and the first band (The fantabulous 'Empty Fortune') Start at 12 noon so ud probably get in from 11am onwards id imagine and you can come and go as you please. theres beer tent and bottle stalls/ fundraising things there aswell for after you have watched Empty Fortune and Duress
    Absolutely spot on with everything there but unfortunately the Stalls and Amusements have fallen by the wayside
    The Amusements/Sideshows have pulled out as they have a more lucrative offer for the Orkney Show which I couldnt compete with as we have no idea of how many will come

The stalls i fear could be more difficult to accomodate at this type of thing
    If anyone knows of any one wanting to have a stall contact me either by pm or townimprovements@thurso.org
    It would be good to have some there to give people somewhere else to spend money - - - - -
    Cant allow anyone to sell BBQ stuff, burgers, hotdogs or alcohol or soft drinks
    Thats covered by TTIA and the people running the bar and i cant cut our own money makers and the bars

But I would allow candy floss sweets etc and any other stuff people want to sell they can do as long as it doest interfere with anything we are doing so would need information first , face painters and henna tattooists would be good if anyone can do it - -plus you would have to bring your own table/stall as we dont have enough manpower to organise that side of things this week

Contact me if you are interested townimprovements@thurso.org
    Need to know fairly soon

Theres usually a bus that goes through to wick at 10pm via halkirk. ur best bet would be to catch that one at 10pm from outside where the job centre used to be. Or try www.rapsons.co.uk to see if theres any others after that time.

Due to the Big Gig being on Sunday then there are hardly any buses running.
    Only the Dounreay buses and that is only a few.

Maybe do what gogglebox said and see the bus depot but it is in Thurso.

Maybe gogglebox could go down and ask politely and they might put on a bus or 2 for free considering its for charity or even take a few quid from the passengers.

Every little helps....Sorry thats Tesco....lol

Default Transport to Wick

Is there a scheduled train from Thurso to Wick at 9pm ?
    I kent his faither

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    Theres usually a bus that goes through to wick at 10pm via halkirk. ur best bet would be to catch that one at 10pm from outside where the job centre used to be. Or try www.rapsons.co.uk to see if theres any others after that time.
    10 pm, that's far too early, I'll just be getting going by then.. What times the Dounreay bus, I wonder?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonboots
    Due to the Big Gig being on Sunday then there are hardly any buses running.
    Only the Dounreay buses and that is only a few.

Maybe do what gogglebox said and see the bus depot but it is in Thurso.

Maybe gogglebox could go down and ask politely and they might put on a bus or 2 for free considering its for charity or even take a few quid from the passengers.

Every little helps....Sorry thats Tesco....lol
    I'll ask but i am very doubtful if they will! They already donated to help us when the Vikings were here - - -Shy bairns get nowt though so i'll try!!

Thanks Moonboots I was at a loose end and needed a bit more to do this week!!lol!!

10 pm, that's far too early, I'll just be getting going by then.. What times the Dounreay bus, I wonder?
    The last band finish at 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogglebox
    Thanks Moonboots I was at a loose end and needed a bit more to do this week!!lol!!
    Sorry mate, couldnt help it... I would of asked myself but i thought it would be better coming from one of the commitee members and not just a local even though my other half works there...lol

I asked her and she said that I dont think they will put any buses on but she said it is worth a try.
    Maybe just the one bus at around 22.30 or something like that.

Gogglebox - You keep up the good work mate and hope everyone appreciates how much work you are putting into the gig and and other gala events..

Drummers can be useful sometimes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2357

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Drummers can be useful sometimes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2357
    Thanks Jeid. The weather should be reasonable on Sunday then. Hope to see lots of you there!

chookie Guest

Default Where?

Im going to the gig on Sun but i have no idea where it is can sum 1 gime me directions please?
    And is it on a bus rute?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chookie
    Im going to the gig on Sun but i have no idea where it is can sum 1 gime me directions please?
    And is it on a bus rute?

Cheers
    If you're coming from Thurso town square:
    drive over the road bridge, go past the shell garage and altermotive motorcycles, take the left filter lane to head towards castletown/ groats. The dammies is the footy pitch on the immediate left after that turn so the easist place to park is on sir archibald road (left before mount pleasant primary) then theres probably space down that way to park near riverside garage or at the end of the road.

Basically its at the bottom of Springpark area on the same road as mount pleasant primary.

And if you get the Wick - Thurso bus via castletown it is on the right after the school as you come into Thurso.

Might be a good idea if someone could post a pic of a map up here to show people the location (im not smart enough to do that lol)

chookie Guest

Ahh! Cool.

Thanx.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...2050&ay=968170

If I have done it right that link should take you to a map with an arrow pointing to the spot

Yay, js been reading through it all, nice to see your using the hartke JUST FOR ME Chobbers, as always, WELL PLAYED

so then, everyone must be getting well excited now i assume, all you people js getting a tad over excited for duress' first gig this year, yup, calm now kiddies, i wonder how the PF boys will react to me wearing my duress gear
    "The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Reev
    i wonder how the PF boys will react to me wearing my duress gear
    I heard they're discussing public decapitation as a consequence

Quote Originally Posted by Reev
    Yay, js been reading through it all, nice to see your using the hartke JUST FOR ME Chobbers, as always, WELL PLAYED
    Thats the one with the special eejit detector mode, that automatically switches to mute when reev tries to play, yeah?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast