Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Outdoor Music BIG GIG at Dammies

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    Ah yeah... haha... my bad!

Yeah Mr Positive man. Just wanna know what I have to take along. Will I bring my amp? What amp's are available? It's just good to know
    Camra is doing the PA. PM him and avail yourself of his wisdom.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

which bands are playing in wick? all i know is estrella astronot and all stitched up

Default Big Gig Q&a

Anyone got any questions or worries about the Big Gig - IN THURSO

Fire them out and i or Chobbersjnr may give u some answers or go deathly queit and realise we have forgotten on something

Apologies again to the bands that got cut and i apprecate you waiting in the wings for someone to withdraw but at the moment everything seems solid

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

OK folkies

for the BIG GIG there will be on stage:-

one pearl ELX kit courtesy of Ryan "Hi-Tower" Maclean, drummers are advised to bring their own cymabls, snare, & kick pedals oh aye & sticks

I believe Moncur is supplying a 4x12 & AVT Marshall head------I'm right in saying that Dick??

I will supply a Peavey Special 112 for rhythm & a Hartke bass amp setup (please treat with care or I'll send Jeid armed with a dictionary after y'all)

there will be sufficient DI's on stage to handle pretty much anything

there will be 3 mics on stage for vocals, if any bands have more than 3 vocalists please tell me now...........I don't want to be slinging up mics 2 minutes before kick off. I know at least 2 of the bands have singing drummers which aint a problemo

I don't think there's much more to say apart from don't be late or I'll be talking to Jeid again about his nuclear dictionary..............

Hartke Bass amp you say? Nice to know you're thinking of me, chobbers. Me and the Mo' (Mobray) look forward to catching up with you next week. Awrabest :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge
    Hartke Bass amp you say? Nice to know you're thinking of me, chobbers. Me and the Mo' (Mobray) look forward to catching up with you next week. Awrabest :-)
    OI you keep that left handed guitar away from my bass amp I'm sure it say's in the manual "specifically not for left handed guitars"

yeeha let the chain yanking begin...................

does Mobray play the axe in this line up??

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    (please treat with care or I'll send Jeid armed with a dictionary after y'all)

I don't think there's much more to say apart from don't be late or I'll be talking to Jeid again about his nuclear dictionary..............
    You cheeky boy!

*arms nuclear dictionary*

Do you think it'd be worth firing out a stage plan template to bands Chobbers?

Do you think it'd be worth firing out a stage plan template to bands Chobbers?
    erm, listen sonny

every muso who has paid his dues knows that stage plans alway end up being completely ignored

so no

is the answer

Listen sonny?

It was just a suggestion?

Hey chobs!

yeah i've got the 4x12 and avt head at the ready.
    Also have a 1922 2x12 at hand aswell if necessary but its up to you at the end of the day.

When do u want to setup?

Listen sonny?

It was just a suggestion?
    I know that

I was employing a degree of chain yanking

are you easily wound Jeid??
    Last edited by Chobbersjnr; 07-Aug-06 at 13:20.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    Hey chobs!

yeah i've got the 4x12 and avt head at the ready.
    Also have a 1922 2x12 at hand aswell if necessary but its up to you at the end of the day.

When do u want to setup?
    erm I'd say the 4x12 & head & people can use your amp or take their own head to plug into your cab

It would suit me better if people would use more or less the amps provided, although I know there's a few wanting to use their own amps

& time, I'll be in the dammies from 9:30-ish so if you guys wouldn't mind taking your gear down for about 10:30-ish, we can get it all set up & have a soundcheck & WAKE THE WHOLE OF SPRINGPARK UP!!!!!!!!

You better watch yourself, I've got my nuclear dictionary armed!

Oh... 666 posts! Yus!
    Last edited by Jeid; 07-Aug-06 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    erm I'd say the 4x12 & head & people can use your amp or take their own head to plug into your cab

It would suit me better if people would use more or less the amps provided, although I know there's a few wanting to use their own amps

& time, I'll be in the dammies from 9:30-ish so if you guys wouldn't mind taking your gear down for about 10:30-ish, we can get it all set up & have a soundcheck & WAKE THE WHOLE OF SPRINGPARK UP!!!!!!!!
    Thats sounds rocktastic chobs! Im just dreading one thing though, u know like when u go to a gig and the guitarists throw plectrums into the crowd when they're done? Is Jeid gonna start firing dictionarys into the crowd when Astronot are on?

How do you get to Sir George's Park / The Dammies??

How much to get in?
    Can you turn up anytime?

Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa
    How do you get to Sir George's Park / The Dammies??

How much to get in?
    Can you turn up anytime?

Thanks.....
    If you're coming from the town square:
    drive over the road bridge, go past the shell garage and altermotive motorcycles, take the left lane to head towards castletown/ groats. The dammies is the footy pitch on the immediate left after that turn so the easist place to park is on sir archibald road (left before mount pleasant primary) then theres probably space down that way to park near riverside garage or at the end of the road.

Free entry - woohoo!
    and the first band (The fantabulous 'Empty Fortune') Start at 12 noon so ud probably get in from 11am onwards id imagine and you can come and go as you please. theres beer tent and bottle stalls/ fundraising things there aswell for after you have watched Empty Fortune and Duress

The dictionary thing... haha... very amusing? I'm about to fall off my seat now!

Free entry all day, come and go as you please.

Jeid, you should go in for countdown. That way you'll get one of those massive dictionaries given out to the LOSERS! hehe only yanking your chain dude

Quote Originally Posted by moncur
    If you're coming from the town square:
    drive over the road bridge, go past the shell garage and altermotive motorcycles, take the left lane to head towards castletown/ groats. The dammies is the footy pitch on the immediate left after that turn so the easist place to park is on sir archibald road (left before mount pleasant primary) then theres probably space down that way to park near riverside garage or at the end of the road.

Free entry - woohoo!
    and the first band (The fantabulous 'Empty Fortune') Start at 12 noon so ud probably get in from 11am onwards id imagine and you can come and go as you please. theres beer tent and bottle stalls/ fundraising things there aswell for after you have watched Empty Fortune and Duress
    Thanks for that Moncur - very clear directions! Very happy it's free entry too! Hope to be there by about 6pm and we'll stay 'til the end. Will be taking my sister's German friend with us, so hope she'll enjoy it as well

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast