Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Kerracher Man

Default The Kerracher Man

Hi,
    I've just finished reading about Eric MacLeod's real life story of his life changing decision to give up his promising carrer in the city and move into 'self sufficiency' in a very remote part of North West Sutherland; taking his wife and two young girls with him.

Without spoiling the read, I found this to be a very honest and at times very comical read from start to finish and very hard to put down. I am in awe of the family's strenght of character and the way they remaned positive through some quite serious set backs.

This is a great read and would recommend this to anyone; and in particular those who think they are up for the challenge and going back to basics.

Crichton.

The Kerracher Man
    Sandstone Press (2007)
    ISBN -10:1-905207-15-8
    ISBN -13:978-1-905207-15-2

On your recommendation, I read this book and enjoyed it. Though I didn't find MacLeod to be a riveting storyteller, the tale itself was interesting and gave good insight into their lifestyle, one which I'll never experience first hand. Thank you.