Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puffincroft produce

Thumbs up Puffincroft produce

Been to puffin croft for some of thier produce recently, can highly recomend thier veggies,potatoes and thier new delicious breads Well worth a trip for fresh produce, well done Kris and Gary xx
    Last edited by chaz; 01-Aug-10 at 18:17. Reason: joined words

Where is Puffincroft sounds good.

Hi, its out a John O Groats, turn down opposite postoffice.There is a large sign saying Farm Shop

Default hey

Also had first chance to sample Puffin Croft bread today - fantastic :-)

have to agree, their bread is lovely

Thumbs up Puffin Croft - fantastic veg box!

Picked up my first veg box from Puffin Croft last night and I am really impressed! I had 14 - yes 14 - different types of veg, all home grown and freshly picked. There were two types of potatoes, cabbage, kale, swede, turnip, carrots, red onions, spring onions, courgette, cucumber, tomatoes, cauliflower, lettuce and broad beans. All for ten pounds!!

I did a rough 'Tesco price comparison' and came to well over that amount, and thats not taking into account the value of it being home-grown, fresh and minimal on the food miles.

They can deliver if necessary, and also do fresh bread, eggs and preserves/chutney etc.

Delighted - will definately buy regularly from them - thank you for first class produce and a first class service

Oh didn't realise they were doing veg boxes now, may take a drive out to pick one up

Default lovely produce and lovely people

I have to agree with all the above posts.I have had the veg boxes which are worth every penny and of course the added bonus of it being all fresh. Ive also had plums which were to die for the best plums ive had in years ,the breads,rolls again delicious and all you need to go with the bread/rolls is there dumpsadeary jam which when spread on a lovely piece of there home made bread is so so yummy.Not only is all the food ive tried from puffincroft lovely Kris is lovely too 1st class customer service i will most certainly be buying from them every time. pingu

Wink

Veg box looks fab and just love the smell of fresh fresh veg and have already munched on the bread. Huge thanks and can't wait to start munching on the veg it looks fab

Do you have a particular day to deliver to Thurso?
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Ooh sounds good!

I love getting fresh home grown produce.

Veg Box sounds great. Must get one when I am next out.

Thursday being delivery day to Thurso our veggie box and crusty bread arrived mid-day.

Huge amount of goodies and have already dealt with the apples, beetroot, courgettes and the baby carrots from the huge bunch. At first sight I thought there was far too much to use between two in a week, but with this weather and soups and stew back on the menu I could be very wrong. Maybe we will manage to eat extra veggies and better our health as well as the bank balance!

Hope to get a trip to the farm shop one day to see what other goodies there are to try.

Well I received my first veggie box and bread from Puffin Croft today and am absolutely delighted with it.

I had such a beautiful dinner tonight using their yummy beetroot, tatties, carrots,broccoli and cabbage.
    The bread is absolutely delicious as well and even better toasted.

It is so good to get such lovely fresh veg each week and am looking forward to my regular order.

I had ordered from McLeod Organics before and Puffin Croft's is much better quality.

Good to deal with such lovely people as well.

Well done Kris and Gary!

Bought bread and baking from Puffin Croft today. Baking was very tasty and the bread can only be described as magnificent!!!! Veg looked excellent and will be sampling it tomorrow for Sunday lunch.

I bought a veg box as a raffle prize and everyone was delighted that saw it. Great value
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Just put in my order with Kris for delivery again tomorrow in Thurso. Wonder what treats we have in store this week?

All the left over bits have gone into a pan of soup.........no proper name comes to mind, so I call it "Dana soup" as it is full of "all kinds of everything". Blitzed even children who hate veggies scoff it and want more.

Agree with all of the above posts! Got my first veg box last week, the veg was all of excellent quality and delicious! And the bread didn't last the day, it was fantastic! Highly recommended.

Can you order online ?

Quote Originally Posted by dunbrake View Post
    Can you order online ?
    hi if you send them a pm on here thats how i order mine now, sorry dont have phone number or email.
    Nice folks to deal with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast