Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ginger kitten?bengal or not

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Thats exactly why I said what I did.
    You know what its like.
    You wouldnt want to do that again?
    shelleys reasons for rehoming brenon were nothing to do with the fact he was a bengal, ordinary cats can be vicious and nasty, at teh end of the day it all comes down to how you treat them, as far as im aware brennon was a lovely friendly cat like his brother benny was, just what world are you living on beng so harsh and nasty.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Why chance your other animals safety?

Ordinary moggies wont usually harrass a rabbit or go after adult chickens..and if they do fight wont go for the kill with other cats.
    If there is a chance it will why risk it?
    you havent seen my cats with buster the rabbit, but thankfully he doesnt mind, he runs about happly with the dogs aswell, just as he did with benny the bengal.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

The reason his fighting was so nasty is because of his breeding.
    Bengals are not ordinary moggies and it was only recently that the licencing laws on them were relaxed.
    They are far closely related to the big cats and have more big cat tendancies!

Bengals are not ordinary moggies and it was only recently that the licencing laws on them were relaxed.
    tell me how many bengal x have you actually owned, because you seem such a little book of knowledge NOT. bustergirl started this thread wanting a kitten and you have just continuosly pick right through.

I know many that had to be re homed and 1 that was abandoned.

I know many that had to be re homed and 1 that was abandoned.
    yeah but you havent had experiance yourself have you, so unto you do you cant but them down, i understand that there are some that are nasty but as i said you get ordinary cats who are also vicious, again it comes down to how you treat them.

Wrong. I told you my domestic was the one that was fighting him. Fintan has been here since he was 8 weeks old and he is now over 8 years old. So bringing another cat into his territory upset him in a way i never anticipated. So it was MY fault.

Brenon is now with someone who has no other pets and is a happy content little cat. I keep in touch with his new owner and any problems he knows to contact me. But as i said he is happy and thats him settled and that makes me happy.

So to confirm, its not the breed. The fighting was a fault of mine.

Baltos animals are all content with each other, they are used to kittys and other wee furries running around. Fintan wasnt.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I beg to differ Dadie. I did not have a bengal cat but he started been vicious, any cat like any dog or human for that matter can turn nasty!!!

I have 5 cats & you or any one else wouldn't stop me getting more as it is my choice not yours & the money for feeding them comes out of my pocket aswell. It is wonderful that other people want to take on animals from different walks of life. Shame everyone isn't like that.
    I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

I know 1 very nice bengal that was found abandoned and now in a good farm home.
    I also know of ones that end up unwanted because of their big cat tendancies and end up re homed.
    I know of 1 that isnt allowed out because he has fought with all the surrounding cats and sent at least 1 cat to the vets with very nasty injuries.
    So I have seen both sides of the bengals personality and still cant see why you would risk having to re home one later down the line for knocking 7 bells out your other cats.
    Wouldnt it be more responsible as a pet lover to get a cat where the risk is a lot less?

You have 4 cats already as your tagline says?
    If so why do you want another?
    Cant you be happy with the pets you already have?
    I have no doubt she is happy with the pets she already has, what is the harm in getting another one?

Were you ever asked when you were pregnant with your 3rd child why did you want another?

Why give your negative opinion on this thread?

I know 1 very nice bengal that was found abandoned and now in a good farm home.
    I also know of ones that end up unwanted because of their big cat tendancies and end up re homed.
    I know of 1 that isnt allowed out because he has fought with all the surrounding cats and sent at least 1 cat to the vets with very nasty injuries.
    So I have seen both sides of the bengals personality and still cant see why you would risk having to re home one later down the line for knocking 7 bells out your other cats.
    Wouldnt it be more responsible as a pet lover to get a cat where the risk is a lot less?
    i am in no doubt that if i am lucky enough to get another bengal x, that any of my other cats will be in any danger, i work hard to look after my kids and pets, my god as you are showing here cats are a lot more friendlier than some humans, so MY HOUSE, MY LIFE AND MY HARD EARNED MONEY SO PLEASE JUST KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF FROM NOW ON.

Yes I was asked, but, those that know me and know what we went through to have Lauren are delighted that we have 3 children now.

I nearly never had 1 child and now my family is complete.
    Ok they are really close together and its hard work at times but I finally got my family.

Now thats really below the belt!

In more than 1 way!
    Last edited by Dadie; 28-Jul-10 at 22:15.

Yes I was asked, but, those that know me and know what we went through to have Lauren are delighted that we have 3 children now.

I nearly never had 1 child and now my family is complete.
    Ok they are really close together and its hard work at times but I finally got my family.

Now thats really below the belt!
    Just pointing out how harsh you sounded. Personally I would rather 5 cats than 3 kids.

All balto wants is a bengal kitten theres nothing bad about that!!!
    Animal-lover

Isnt this thread getting way off topic here and excuse the pun somewhat rather like a cat fight, Bustergirl started this thread off to ask for another kitten for her mum to add to their already happy family, its not up to anyone else what they do or how many more pets they decide to get and there is certainly no need for the nastiness this thread is starting to generate. All animals are blank canvases and we as owners are the ones that make them into what they become.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora32 View Post
    Isnt this thread getting way off topic here and excuse the pun somewhat rather like a cat fight, Bustergirl started this thread off to ask for another kitten for her mum to add to their already happy family, its not up to anyone else what they do or how many more pets they decide to get and there is certainly no need for the nastiness this thread is starting to generate. All animals are blank canvases and we as owners are the ones that make them into what they become.
    Well said, i was about to leave a post saying almost exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by aurora32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz View Post
    Well said, i was about to leave a post saying almost exactly the same
    thankyou both, the way i see it if you treat and love your animals and give them the life they deserve then you will have no problems whatso ever, so far all my pets have been well loved and looked after if not a little spoilt.

Angry

I ain't very happy about what dadie is saying on this tread it was supost to be a thread looking for a Bengal x or just a ginger kitten and if u treat them bad they are babys then they are vicious but if u treat them well they will be loving and content and it our choice if we want another cat not anyone elses so stop leaving negative comments this tread isn't support to be nasty it support to be 1 where we give a little kitty a loving home
    proud owner of 1 dogs and 2 cats and 2 rabbits

I asked why you wanted another cat, the, same as any re homing centre.
    I pointed out bengals are not really other cat friendly.
    Your animals are rather young and you seem to be amassing them at a high rate at the moment.
    You just got a puppy and before that a rabbit...why not enjoy them.
    It is that, that concerns me.
    I also said you would be better of getting a moggie.
    BTW at least 99% of ginger striped mogs are male
    There is nothing wrong with getting a bengal as long as it is the only cat.
    You recently lost 2 cats and seem to have replaced them rather quickly.
    That is setting of alarm bells.

Excuse me we missed cats running round the house and playing and yes we love our animals that we have and we can choose how many cats we have it's nothing to do with you as I sed keep you negative comment out of this post stop being a little miss know it all we are all diffrent our Bengal x got on with our old kitten Sam he was like a dad to him they would do everything together
    So please stop!!!!!!
    proud owner of 1 dogs and 2 cats and 2 rabbits

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast