Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Advert  
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: a new quiz night 27/7/10 2100

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Thumbs up a new quiz night 27/7/10 2100

    I am willing to give a different evening quiz a try, so I have a set of simple general knowledge questions ready, and with a slightly different rules. Instead of the winner being the next quizzy, the one with the lowest score will be the next quizzy.
    All are welcome

    Lets hope it works
    dz4d.com
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Do you think gala pic frenzy will have died down by then gol?
    dz4d.com


  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Do you think gala pic frenzy will have died down by then gol?
    Willing to give it a try, nothing tried, nothing gained, I am willing to try alternatives
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Good on you Golach. What time is kick off? Sorry I mean what time does the quiz start!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    Good on you Golach. What time is kick off? Sorry I mean what time does the quiz start!

    2100 gmt Laguna
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Bit late for me on a week night I am afraid ... gotta be up really early in the mornings.

    Good luck for the quiz though!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Willing to give it a try, nothing tried, nothing gained, I am willing to try alternatives
    Absolutely nothing wrong wi alternatives gol

    Like yer new rule tho - will discourage lurkers eh?


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Longside
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    If someone wants to watch rather than take part all they need to do is let quizzie know.

    Wouldn't want to make anyone feel unwelcome.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Aye nothing worse than an unwelcoming atmosphere changi!

    Just hope no-one in the spectators' seats gets trigger happy and answers a question - they could find themselves bein a reluctant quizzie!

    Good luck wi yer innovations golach!


  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    The trial run tonight went well, not many attendee's, only one fell out, but he will be the quizzy next time.
    Scores where
    Golden Guernsey 34
    Changilass 32
    Lizz 24
    Invisible 22, after a recount called by Lizz
    and under the rules for tonight and tonight only with the least points , the winner is Invisible.
    Thanks again folks.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Here, there and everywhere
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Wow! That must have been a difficult quiz!

    Sorry I missed it.

    Invisible usually leads the field by a mile!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    Wow! That must have been a difficult quiz!

    Sorry I missed it.

    Invisible usually leads the field by a mile!
    Yeah but i got thrown out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Yeah but i got thrown out.
    Unusual that you were the only one, no one else was thrown out, strange that dont you think?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Unusual that you were the only one, no one else was thrown out, strange that dont you think?
    Maybe it was because the screen was inactive or some technical thing

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Maybe it was because the screen was inactive or some technical thing
    Then why were the rest of us not "Thrown" out?
    But hey, I am just an owld mannie, who ran a quiz on a night that was not a Sunday, which I thought was successful, and that was the point of the exercise, I know nothing of inactive screens or technical things
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Then why were the rest of us not "Thrown" out?
    But hey, I am just an owld mannie, who ran a quiz on a night that was not a Sunday, which I thought was successful, and that was the point of the exercise, I know nothing of inactive screens or technical things
    No I mean my screen was inactive because I couldnt answer a few questions

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    No I mean my screen was inactive because I couldnt answer a few questions
    LOL maybe you did not know the answers
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    LOL maybe you did not know the answers
    yes thats why I didnt answer or made stupid attempts

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts