Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Success

Quote Originally Posted by Nello
    Wimbledon is a competition for Individuals not countries !! .. And please re read my first post again .. I was just pointing out how Andy is suddenly British now Henman is out of Wimbledon and England are out of the World Cup .. it isnt a gripe about England its a gripe about the English MEDIA .. a media that a week or so ago were describing him as Scottish.

Must really try to go and see this Great Britian Tennis Team .. where and when do they play next ?? ..

Going to stop now as my head is getting sore from hitting it off this brick wall ..
    The British team will be playing in the Davis Cup.The only time they don't play for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by abalone
    The British team will be playing in the Davis Cup.The only time they don't play for themselves.
    Not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Was chinless tim worth a coach???
    I think the difference between tim and andy is that andy is a natural, henman is a practiced proffesional as was kevin keegan in football.
    Yeh, but Henman kept having tizzies with his coaches, didn't he?
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

[comment on the hypocrisy of the English Media who seem to define nationality like this :

English : English when they win, British when they lose.

Scottish,Welsh,Irish : British when they win, their own nationality when they lose.

Once again not a comment about English people .. just the English Media.[/quote]

how very true

Quote Originally Posted by mike.mckenzie
    Andrew Murra summed up a few things about the Scots / English divide, he exposed the way the average English fan thinks of their neighbours with the Dunblane related bile they posted on his website.

The lad is 19 and said he wouldn't support England and he was wished death in a massacre. Says it all.
    Nope youa re wrong Mike - the "average" england fan is like me - Mrs "average and ordinary" Wouldnt do anyone any harm - enjoyes the scotland -england Banter and wishes good luck to anyone who is doing the best they can. What WAS exposed was the lengths a FEW NASTY SICK AND UNPLEASANT individuals can do and how they hide behind being legitimate fans when all they are are nasty unpleasant little people who get their kicks out of ananymouse drivel. Just delete it - its appalling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12