Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Schoolhouse Restaurant John O' Groats

Default Schoolhouse Restaurant John O' Groats

Had yet another beautiful, totally home-cooked meal there today with my Dad.

They take such attention to detail; giving us a huge jug of water without having to ask for it and when I ordered a coffee it came in a cafeteirre (sp?) which I love, and also with a choice of cream or milk and brown or white sugar, again I never asked for these choices - it was automatic !

Really nice, soft background music and a lovely fire going in the original schoolhouse grate - though it was a relatively warm day, the heat from the fire was just perfect.

Thoroughly recommend this establishment !!

Tel - 01955 611391 -
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Default where

may i be really stupid and ask where this place exactly is - i was in j o g a couple of weeks ago - not sure where this restaurant is - think i may take my little girl there this week xx you just dont get proper homemade food or any decent service anymore xxx

Take the road towards Duncansby Head.
    It is just off on the right a little way up, looking surprisingly like an old schoolhouse.

Book in advance- it isn't open all day so a call ahead is a wise idea
    Bagpuss

Default Thanks

Many thanks i will maybe pop out this weekend - and shall call in advance xx

Have been with family and friends a couple of times and I have to agree with all the praise given for both quality and service.
    Mad1man