Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: dead frogs

Default dead frogs

was out for a walk today and every half a dozen or so steps we came across a dead frog just wondered if there would be a logical reason for this? it was in camster and there was plenty of water about. my wee boy was asking me why there were so many dead frogs and i had to admit i didn't have a clue, any help appreciated thanks
    whoever said the only vegetable that can make you cry is an onion has obviously not been hit on the heid wi a neep!

it may be a bacterial thingumy like redleg, but frogs don't need water to survive (a common misconception), they really only need water sources to spawn.

each year we take a few tadpoles from the stream and grow them into frogs for the kids to see what happens.

tell the kids that its just bad luck, but you'll get some growin next year.

get a small 99p tub from ... the 99p shop. get some spawn and change the stream water (never use tap water) each week ... hey presto !

after x amount of days you'll be the proud parent of some froglets !