Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doanalsin's Diary???????

Default Doanalsin's Diary???????

Doanalsin's Diary

What is this all about please, and why the word never in the last post made column.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    Doanalsin's Diary

What is this all about please, and why the word never in the last post made column.
    My guess is it reported things before the local rags had a chance to, and some things became a wee bit "controversial"!
    Last edited by Aaldtimer; 25-Jan-11 at 04:53. Reason: spelling
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    My guess is it reported things before the local rags had a chance to, and some things became a wee bit "controversial"!
    Thank you for the reply Aaldtimer.
    I genuinely didn't know.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Default ?????? Indeed

In all honesty, what excactly is his thread all about, if his latest contribution to the world of journalism is anything to go by it amounts to nothing more than utter gossip, and the issue of reporting court cases on a local internet site and its merits was already discussed here.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...610#post714610

And as for the Marge 'stories'....dont get me started.
    Last edited by Droopy; 25-Jan-11 at 22:23.

I don't see a problem with the reporting, its the vicious threads that folks start on the back of it.

If folks take it as what it is, reporting news, instead of a gossip fest it would be fine.

What Marge stories?

Am I missing sumat?
    Last edited by changilass; 25-Jan-11 at 22:44.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post

Am I missing sumat?
    Oh the irony..........!!!

Sorry, don't do irony.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I did wonder what happened to this thread from Doanalsin's diary. Seemed to be somethign about him and his wife going up the river in Paris in a boat and a bottle of wine?? I must have missed the gossip scoop bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    him and his wife going up the river in Paris in a boat and a bottle of wine??
    Who was in the boat and who was in the bottle of wine?

I have just read the latest contribution to Doanalson's Diary and I must admit if this is what Caithness.Org is coming to it's scraping the barrel; surely it's above this sort of journalism, that sort of stuff is best left to The Sun and the News of the World.

Give the guy a chance - he'll find his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    I have just read the latest contribution to Doanalson's Diary and I must admit if this is what Caithness.Org is coming to it's scraping the barrel; surely it's above this sort of journalism, that sort of stuff is best left to The Sun and the News of the World.

Im afraid thats Noel 'Not News' for you....How long before this type of fish wife cyber drivel has consequences in the real world I wonder?
    If the powers that be allow much more of this it makes me wonder if they maybe have an axe to grind with the Groat due to the Wick High Fiasco reports/items that have appeared in it off late???.....
    Last edited by Droopy; 27-Jan-11 at 22:19.

Give the guy a chance - he'll find his feet

He's had years of experience as a full time professional journalist if he doesn't know where his feet are by now he might as well give up!
    Last edited by Douglas Cowie; 27-Jan-11 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    If the powers that be allow much more of this it makes me wonder if they maybe have an axe to grind with the Groat due to the reports/items that have appeared in it off late???.....
    Well somebody certainly has an axe to grind with Noel's latest posting on the lifeboat guy - why on earth dredge that up (no pun intended) now ? Never mind 'Hot News', this is 'Old non-News'.

Sweetie Wifie rubbish. I recall Noel telling a story in the Groat about moving house and initially acting on instinct and heading towards his OLD house from his workplace one evening. Rib Tickling City!!

Another Groat gem was a page spun around Ronnie (Citizen) Smith being a Dundee United supporter and missing his team's winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final against Rangers (1995?) because.........wait for it.......build the suspense to the maximum.....he was......in the TOILET!!

I had to wonder WHO was taking the piss with that one

reporting news? some news it would be better that it wasnt repotred u may not see it as gossip but believe me theres no need to report of the tragedy that happenns in peoples lives, u may think its innocent fun but why dont u ask the victims families of the two men who died in the crash on monday night? do u think they wanted it splashed everywhere to be seen? and being one of those families i think u know my answer

Donalsin's Diary
    Keeps me up to date with what is happening in the county - I do receive the Groat and Courier but frequently very out of date, depends on if the boat sails or if my paper person decides to deliver it that day or the next day or two, part of island life. Just received last Friday's Groat yesterday.
    The bit about the RNLI person - may have been last year caught, it looks as if it is still being dealt with in the Sheriff Court, so this is still relevant and up to date or is it that RNLI say he is no longer on Wick Lifeboat.
    I use this entire site to keep up to date with all events in Caithness, be it births, deaths or marriages - and even the viscious threads due to someone being upset due to a friend/relative/themselves have been named.
    This whole site is my Daily Paper of events, happy, sad, regretful, funny, hilarious and this diary adds another angle to occurences - keep on with Donalsin's Diary please

Donalsin's Diary
    Keeps me up to date with what is happening in the county
    Sorry Pat, dont talk baloney, Not News has only been posting for a fortnight, you've been on here ages. Whats been posted so far is general gossip you'd exchange and forget chatting in the street with someone, not as in Not News's case of filing it forever on the web for armchair google busy bodies to drag up for eternity.

The bit about the RNLI person - may have been last year caught, it looks as if it is still being dealt with in the Sheriff Court, so this is still relevant and up to date or is it that RNLI say he is no longer on Wick Lifeboat.
    Baloney again, this was a court case from roughly October last year Id say, so you cant be paying much attention to your Groats or Couriers. Furthermore, Not News is very obviously acting on someones vengeful agenda trying to make trouble....how else would he know the person involved was recently parted from his lifeboat job?, and to have the neck to contact the RNLI and post the response on here is shameful, whats it got to do with us? If thats news, well no wonder hes become bob a job reporter of inane rubbish on the 'Org'

I use this entire site to keep up to date with all events in Caithness, be it births, deaths or marriages
    Take a look at the announcement section and seriously tell me you regard that as a documented source of births, deaths and marriages in Caithness. If you know who silverlady, hatman, cyber charlie or whatever other 'Orger' names are plastered on there, your a genius. My guess is that any right thinking person would be embarrassed to the core to have an anniversary, birthday or whatever posted there.
    Last edited by Droopy; 28-Jan-11 at 18:59.

I'm disgusted with this Doanalsin Diary, I didn't realise that these were stories this guy is chasing, I thought they were just bits copied from the local rag! He must be some sicko to delight in the misfortune of others like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I'm disgusted with this Doanalsin Diary, I didn't realise that these were stories this guy is chasing, I thought they were just bits copied from the local rag! He must be some sicko to delight in the misfortune of others like that.
    Have you seen one of his recent ones....he's resorted to lifting message's off the Facebook pages of the deceased in order to create his 'news story'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast