Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wick Singles

Default Wick Singles

After tending to my family for a number of years i have now found myself at a bit of a loss. Newly single and in my late 30's i now find myself in an area i don't know particularly well and with a none existant social life.

Surely there must be people in Wick and the surrounding areas in exactly the same position. With gala night approaching i wondered if this might be a good time to get the gladrags on and do something about it.

Wondered if there were any like minded people out there that might like to meet up maybe on a monthly basis for a night out to swap stories, compare war wounds and generally let their hair down.

Sorry Phoenix- think you're on a losing wicket in Wick.

there is no social life in the town- and if any single person over 21 even enters a bar, they are made to feel as if the ground has opened up and swallowed them alive.

face it- if you're single in Caithness ie didn't meet a partner in school or Dounreay, you've had it. Even online dating agencies don't do up there.

Maybe there's a future for the county as a monastery/nunnery?
    Bagpuss

Default Wick Singles

Sorry but i beg to differ! Considering the short time the post has been on i have had a very good response.

I have also been contacted by a number of people who are not infact single but for one reason or another don't have much of a social life. How do you know something isn't going to work unless you try?

Typical attitude up here it seems!

Try the org curry night, I keep meaning to

Quote Originally Posted by bagpuss View Post

there is no social life in the town- and if any single person over 21 even enters a bar, they are made to feel as if the ground has opened up and swallowed them alive.

face it- if you're single in Caithness ie didn't meet a partner in school or Dounreay, you've had it. Even online dating agencies don't do up there.

Er I am 33 and I have moved back from 5 years away and I don't feel like that when i go out! If people do then they must be insecure and a bit paranoid! A night out is what you make it and I always have a fab time when I go out. I am out this weekend dressed up for gala and for the live music in the blackstairs on Sunday and I know it will be great

Thumbs up

Harsh words bagpuss, I have to say, its people such as yourself that give Caithness such a poor reputation! As Macbreeza said, a night out is what you make of it, if you head out with the aim to enjoy yourself, then enjoy yourself you will!

Pheonix, I too will be hitting the blackstairs on Sunday, the local band Jude are brilliant and always make for a great night! I'd recommend it to anyone!

Default night out

Hi all, Sunday night sounds like it may be a good one too - i am going out in Wick on Sat night with friends - first time out in Wick in about 10 years... Been away for 7 years now and when i did come north for a night out (in thurso) i always had a great night - so friendly compared to south - and you always get a lift home - fair enough - the boys in the cars maybe the person you used to know baby brother haha... Now that is freaky....
    Hope you enjoy yourselves out this weekend and if you guys do get together on a regular basis - i have wee kids at home so won't be out often - but find it just as nice to have a friend over for a cuppa tea/glass of wine and a gossip :-) xx

Why dont you come to orgers night on the last thursday of the month at wetherspoons, wick about 8pm.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Pheonix why dont you take up frans offer and go to the org night out you never know your luck ducati might come and buy you a curry if your good and if your really good he might give you ride on the back of his bike in his picture profile.
    If your at a loose end pheonix start joining clubs or organisation that gets you out and about and thats a start
    Last edited by EDDIE; 04-Jan-11 at 09:54.

Its 2011 online dating and social networking is common practice and its a good way to find like minded people even more common with older people that is past the clubbing stage?
    Last edited by EDDIE; 04-Jan-11 at 09:57.

Im 30 and single i took a few years out of dating. Ive never been made to feel as if the ground needs to swallow me up either...maybe its a confidence thing...
    but im ready to start dating again who knows i might even find someone on the org!!

Quote Originally Posted by *Pheonix* View Post
    After tending to my family for a number of years i have now found myself at a bit of a loss. Newly single and in my late 30's i now find myself in an area i don't know particularly well and with a none existant social life.

Surely there must be people in Wick and the surrounding areas in exactly the same position. With gala night approaching i wondered if this might be a good time to get the gladrags on and do something about it.

Wondered if there were any like minded people out there that might like to meet up maybe on a monthly basis for a night out to swap stories, compare war wounds and generally let their hair down.
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty green eyes View Post
    Im 30 and single i took a few years out of dating. Ive never been made to feel as if the ground needs to swallow me up either...maybe its a confidence thing...
    but im ready to start dating again who knows i might even find someone on the org!!

call me cilla, but we may have a possible org date here............
    Last edited by annemarie482; 04-Jan-11 at 22:18.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Suprise Suprise?

There was a singles group years ago called serendipity and they used to meet in mackays in Wick but it fell through. I tried starting another one and put an ad in the paper. People phoned and I arranged a meeting but no one turned up!!!!!.There are plenty of dating sites that cover Caithness, I know a few who met their partners in Caithness through dating sites.

try hanging round the new Tesco building site- thats how I met my husband

Lots of blokes up in the county for a short time in need of company
    Bagpuss

try hanging round the new Tesco building site- thats how I met my husband

Lots of blokes up in the county for a short time in need of company
    So you met your husband while he was here for a short time? How much did you charge him for that, and are you still in the profession?

Quote Originally Posted by DeHaviLand View Post
    So you met your husband while he was here for a short time? How much did you charge him for that, and are you still in the profession?
    Ouch, not nice I think.

I was walking my dog actually in a Barbour and green wellingtons. His car ran over my dog, and he was very apologetic and came to the vet with me when Boo was put to sleep. He's one of the bosses, and he asked me to dinner at Skibo that weekend. as an apology I declined. He asked again, and our friendship grew from there.

I merely point out that with a shortage of personable single men in the county, that single women need to look beyond what is here
    Bagpuss

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    Pheonix why dont you take up frans offer and go to the org night out you never know your luck ducati might come and buy you a curry if your good and if your really good he might give you ride on the back of his bike in his picture profile.
    If your at a loose end pheonix start joining clubs or organisation that gets you out and about and thats a start
    That would be a tremendous idea, right up until Mrs D found out

Well if any of you are up for a night out i'll come too.No one turned up for the last caithness orgers night on thursday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast