Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fledgelings and Juvenilles

Default Fledgelings and Juvenilles

I am having fun watching all the babies descending on my garden with their parents.

From someone who was never lucky enough to have gold finches at my feeders until a couple of months ago I am now being treated to 4 adults and 4 juvs these last 2 weeks. Lovely.

Juvenilles -

Blackbird
    Starling
    Sparrows galore, its hard to believe they are on the decline with these numbers
    Pigeon
    Crown
    Jackdaw
    Rook

Starling chicks are funny, they will beg for food from any of the other adult birds not just their own parents.

I am also being frequented by a herring gull who has taken to landing on the living room window sill and pecking on the window. No idea what has started this as I don't feed the big birds only the wee ones via feeders.

Every time the gull lands on the window sill it sends my budgie out of his cage flying around the room in terror. Me, I scream out loud and get up and shoo him off, my heart can't take it although it is amusing me somewhat it is so whacky.

Birds are so funny and very entertaining.
    Thanks
    Catherine

Quite agree with you, the ones visiting here keeps us very amused.

Our juveniles,

Collared Dove,
    Jackdaw,
    Siskin,
    House Sparrow,
    Greenfinch,
    Starling

Your fine feathered friends are certainly keeping you amused.
    Enjoy!