Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: old films

Default old films

I think its great to sit back feet up and watch an old black and white war film........just wondered if anyone else did or what films do you lot like?

Some of the best films made.The 40s/50s ones are superb.

I love old film. I collect vintage stuff - Lumiere Brothers, Mitchell and Kenyon and all that. Not so fond of 'movies' just the stuff they filmed of peoples' everyday lives.
    Or the old GPO documentaries - which I now have all of.

And funny you should post this today because I just bookmarked this;
    http://www.dounreay.com/news-room/video-library

for future use an hour or so ago.

I also happily browse Movietone.com and British Pathe- could spend hours there - and do....

i love an old film in the afternoon - sometimes channel five have one on or film 4. I like particularly Blithe Spirit, The Quiet Man, plus any northern dramas, old westerns too - Cup of tea, home madecake Fire lit, children playing or snoozing quietly on the settee, It is a winter activity for me but mmmmmmmm Lovely.

A few miserable days have been cheered up by old films One really miserable day at a christmas I spent without the boys was made bearable by watching "A taste of Honey" not just a film but a slice of history, the docks, the stereotype of a gay man, Dora Bryants heels - fantastic.

The Quiet Man love it reminds me of my dad and nana they loved it and whiskey galore too lol i like wizard of oz and anything with bette davis

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

"Hell Drivers" and "Brief Encounter" are my black and white favourites.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

i watched one last week sinking the bizmark i think not sure. but i fair enjoyed it. my fav black and white film will be the wooden horse nows thats class.

I love The Million Pound Note, I could watch it again and again!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Stalig 17 one of my favourites from many,takes me right back to "sittin in ae dooks in ae picture hoose" happy days indeed.........