Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hotel/B&B in Aberdeen

Default Hotel/B&B in Aberdeen

Hey does anybody know of a decent place to stay in aberdeen? Because there are 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids ), premier inn, travelodge etc want us to take 2 rooms which can be quite expensive so was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Thanks

Sorry I cant help.
    But we are in the same boat when we go away!
    We look for a B&B with a family room and phone them direct (most state only 2+2) but some will accomodate another wee one!
    Hotels mean 2 rooms with an adult in each room...
    Or look for a static caravan to rent!
    Or a holiday home/appt.
    Bit more expensive but you are not all on top of each other, and, might get some sleep! (not as expensive as 2 hotel rooms though)

Aberdeen Uni Halls of Residence Hillhead campus have 6 room flats- single bed in each room
    Bagpuss

Just book a room for 2+2. You wander in with two children and leave hub to wander in five minutes later with the other one. Works everytime.

Try the Holiday Inn Express in Chapel Street, it is very handy for shops etc.

Thanks everyone. Will be going with LMS suggestion and booking a family room though.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Just book a room for 2+2. You wander in with two children and leave hub to wander in five minutes later with the other one. Works everytime.

Try the Holiday Inn Express in Chapel Street, it is very handy for shops etc.
    Its also quite expensive too. Aberdeen must be the only city in the world that lowers hotel room prices at the weekends !!!
    I stay at the Colwyn hotel on Dee street, Its £25 a night but its an absolute dump, It has no drink licence because theres no disabled access, so the way round it is that everyone just brings their own beer or wine with them & puts it in the fridge in the lounge & you help yourself whlie having a laugh & a joke with the manager

Ive had a few good night s in there
    Cmey e Scorries

Just dont get caught.
    Sneaking the 3rd child in!
    Be careful checking out as well.

Thanks guys. After all the hassle my brothers flat will be empty. He's had to go offshore and his flatmate is coming home here. Thanks for the advice Dadie. Must admit i was a bit scared of getting caught although i do think the travel inns policy is rubbish!

Im too scared to sneak my 3rd child in.
    I would just look guilty as anything... and would be caught!
    Dont know what they would do though... make you pay for the extra room or chuck you out...or are they not that bothered!

before i moved to aberdeen we always stayed in the nothern hotel, they have the 2 + 2 rooms but i'm sure they'd be able to help if you have 3 kids, they're really good like that. its a nice hotel to
    I'm here for a good time, not a long time!