Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Missing Councillors

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi
    I was flying home from my holidays on the day of the meeting. Yes I took my kids out of the school, but due to my husbands work commitments that was the only time we could go and whether you all agree or not I am entitled to a holiday and some quality time with my family.
    Not getting at you personally here Pepsi but most working families follow the rules and don't take their kids out of school - regardless of personal circumstances.

Yes of course you, your kids and your husband are entitled to a holiday, but other families make the sacrifice and don't have it together - they take what they can, when they can.

Surely as a member of the Education Committee it's even more important for you to be setting a good example to the rest of us?

While I wouldn't want your job, the fact that you choose to stand as a councillor does open you up to public scrutiny.

Has anybody got any more things to pick at? As far as I am concerned family comes first and everything else you do is secondary to that.
    Personally I cannot understand why anybody would wish to go into Public Life in this day and age.

Yes, I will have a dig about certain decisions from time to time and as people know, sometimes I can be rather vitriolic but there are limits which I try not to exceed.

Every so often I am reminded why I prefer animals to people.

Pepsi, if I were you I would say, "I don't think this is worth the bother, sort it out yourselves, I'm off!"
    When people think they should be able to control your private life then it's time to walk away.
    When they start to use your children as ammunition against you then it's time to remove them from the firing line for their sake.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234